The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
May 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,951 of 5,999
Quote:
Hey, stop giving away our secrets! :)

Actually, a very detailed description and to the point. I'd love to continue the geekfest, but we might want to take it into the private message thread. Afraid that the rest of the folks here will yawn :)

I really actually enjoy the "geekfest" Not making me yawn at all. Following the development of the M8 has been really very interesting, down to every last little nibble of geek-talk. I wouldn't worry about putting us to sleep....
size]

I would be concerned however about those poor gerbils

May 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,952 of 5,999
Many thanks to AndreYew and MGoodman for their responses and setting me straight.  I have never had the opportunity to watch a product,  any product let alone something as intense as the HiFi M8, being designed and implemented.  This has been a really fun adventure and, in some way, part of the "added value" - to be involved. Once produced I am going to miss the blog and seeing how my unit is coming along.  

I didn't order until December 10, 2012.  I am hoping for somewhere around my birthday, June 23.    

May 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #1,954 of 5,999
May 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,955 of 5,999
So this is a totally random question, but where does the name CEntrance come from? And why the capitalized E?

May 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #1,956 of 5,999
Quote:
In fact, existing CEntrance USB DACs, DACmini or DACport, can work with the stock Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone using 24/192 capable USB Audio Recorder PRO app:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635892416426250&set=a.634656613216497.1073741826.110473262301504&type=1&theater

"Samsung S3 > Centrance DACport > Final Audio Design Heaven VI, blissful!"

One more USB DAC, FiiO E10, that can only work with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 smartphone using USB Audio Recorder PRO app, can work with the HTC One smartphone without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/2235#post_9408453
HTC One > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> FiiO E10 USB DAC/amp >> headphones

Hopefully, the new Android-powered HTC One could work with CEntrance USB DACs (DACport, DACmini, upcoming HiFi-M8) without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.

May 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #1,957 of 5,999
Quote:

One more USB DAC, FiiO E10, that can only work with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 smartphone using USB Audio Recorder PRO app, can work with the HTC One smartphone without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/2235#post_9408453
HTC One > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> FiiO E10 USB DAC/amp >> headphones

Hopefully, the new Android-powered HTC One could work with CEntrance USB DACs (DACport, DACmini, upcoming HiFi-M8) without the need of using USB Audio Recorder PRO.

I will be testing with a Note 2 once I get mine.  When I found out my Note 2 worked with my two DACs at the time without the need for USB Audio Recorder Pro, I put my iPod Touch up for sale.  Hopefully, I wasn't too rash and this works as well.

May 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,958 of 5,999
Quote:
@mgoodman.

I am planning to attend the next show in Tokyo, Japan and look forward to trying the hifi-m8 again.

Do we have any updates on ipods/ touch/ iphone / ipads ( more recent models) and what sample bit rates they will be able to play?
I know my ipod touch can play 24/96 tracks with flacplayer app, but if course it gets downsampled.
What will be the final native bit rates for idevices?

I personally would be happy if i can get 24/48 natively with my iphone4.

Thanks again.
Regards.

Yes Michael, can we get a final report on the the data transfer bit resolution for the various idevice models before we wrap up this thread?

May 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #1,962 of 5,999
Quote:
I am hoping that we are not wrapping up this thread...?

I am thinking this is just the beginning of impressions, comparisons, and discussions relating to the Hi-FiM8.

I don't think it's time to wrap up this development thread.
However, starting a new thread for impressions etc would be advisable.

May 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #1,965 of 5,999
Quote:
I am hoping that we are not wrapping up this thread...?

I am thinking this is just the beginning of impressions, comparisons, and discussions relating to the Hi-FiM8.

I don't think it's time to wrap up this development thread.
However, starting a new thread for impressions etc would be advisable.
Hopefully who ever starts the impressions thread is someone who has a hifi-m8 on pre-order and isnt someone who just wants to boss/owner of thread.
Seems to happen with a lot of impressions threads on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back