The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Dec 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #976 of 2,420
  Hi Thomas I live in UK- where can I get an N6 please?

I suggest that you buy in the UK, because there our partners, and is legal only after CAYIN .SHENZHENAUDIO authorized agent in China, although they sell to the world through our products EBAY.

However, if in the UK to buy, you may need to wait for some time because N6 very limited capacity in China has no inventory, we are stepping up production, is expected to be formally served to areas outside China in January N6.

Such products are the most secure service.

I will give the UK this auto purchase information on Monday.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #977 of 2,420
  @Schopenhauer
Just saw that you sir have some very, very nice headphones for sale!
Both HE500 & LCD2 (own the rw myself) are still 2 of my favourites up till now. Didn't the C5 drive them well?
Can't believe you're selling them both for some ''closed back'' ones...however, good luck with the sale anyway!
beerchug.gif

Ugh, don't remind me! lol. I'm still on the fence about listing those. On the one hand, my recently got Paradox Slants make the LCD-2F redundant. The Slants are that good; in fact, I think they're superior to the Audezes. The Slants go just as deep, if not deeper, and have more presence in the highs. The imaging is holographic and more accurate, I think. At the same time, the Slants equal or best the HiFiMAN's strengths of naturalness, transparency and timbre. I hope to do a thorough write-up of the Slants soon. Luis Flores is a genius.

On the other hand, I love both the HE-500 and the LCD-2F and would hate to see them go. I haven't had the heart to try them with the C5 yet, as I'm afraid I'd decide I have to keep them. (Of course, perhaps I should keep them!) This is because I'm sure the C5 will drive them brilliantly. Eventually I'll work up the courage to pair them. 

Anyway, 
beerchug.gif
!

(On a related note, the Alpha Dogs were just delivered! Time to plug them into the C5! - Has anyone left impressions on the pairing yet?)

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #978 of 2,420
  Ugh, don't remind me! lol. I'm still on the fence about listing those. On the one hand, my recently got Paradox Slants make the LCD-2F redundant. The Slants are that good; in fact, I think they're superior to the Audezes. The Slants go just as deep, if not deeper, and have more presence in the highs. The imaging is holographic and more accurate, I think. At the same time, the Slants equal or best the HiFiMAN's strengths of naturalness, transparency and timbre. I hope to do a thorough write-up of the Slants soon. Luis Flores is a genius.

On the other hand, I love both the HE-500 and the LCD-2F and would hate to see them go. I haven't had the heart to try them with the C5 yet, as I'm afraid I'd decide I have to keep them. (Of course, perhaps I should keep them!) This is because I'm sure the C5 will drive them brilliantly. Eventually I'll work up the courage to pair them. 

Anyway, 
beerchug.gif
!

(On a related note, the Alpha Dogs were just delivered! Time to plug them into the C5! - Has anyone left impressions on the pairing yet?)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Alpha Dogs with C5- I have Alpha Prims with NFB-15 and am thinking of getting C5 for downstairs listening. Also want a DAP, but tied between Cayin N6 + C5 or Fiio X5 + Cayin C5. Having a hard time choosing which pairing to buy.  X5 is available via Amazon UK as is C5- which is a safer purchase back-up/returns wise than N6 via a Chinese reseller.

Choices choices lol. Shame Cayin don't have an international reseller network in place yet.

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #979 of 2,420
Update on my amp: I'm actually starting to enjoy the blinking light. At first I though it was a random occurrence, but after a couple tests I realized it always starts at the same time, which means I can accurately tell how much battery I have left. When it starts blinking is when it would normally go down to two lights. I showed it to my brother and he actually thought it was a cool feature as you know when your battery is going down.

Well now I can enjoy my music with peace of mind :)

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #980 of 2,420

Anyway, :beerchug: !

I do hope you try out the amp with the HE-500, I've been interested in that headphone for some time.

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #981 of 2,420

Anyway, 
beerchug.gif
!

I do hope you try out the amp with the HE-500, I've been interested in that headphone for some time.

Sure, I'll do that! I'm thinking I'm going to replace the HE-500 listing with a ZMF x Vibro listing. The Vibro might be too smooth and evened-out for my taste. Sounds like the driver is a baby rabbit's bottom. lol. The positive that it isn't fatiguing at all. But yeah, I'd love to get a listen to the HE-500 with the C5. I offered some thoughts on the HE-500 in post #244 (pg. 17) over on the Gustard H10 thread.

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #982 of 2,420
C

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Alpha Dogs with C5- I have Alpha Prims with NFB-15 and am thinking of getting C5 for downstairs listening. Also want a DAP, but tied between Cayin N6 + C5 or Fiio X5 + Cayin C5. Having a hard time choosing which pairing to buy.  X5 is available via Amazon UK as is C5- which is a safer purchase back-up/returns wise than N6 via a Chinese reseller.

Choices choices lol. Shame Cayin don't have an international reseller network in place yet.

The C5 is a very good portable alternative to the NFB-15. They're voiced quite similarly, IMO. The NFB-15 sounds just a bit warmer with richer bass, but the difference is small considering the disparity in size. 

I haven't tried the X5 with any T50RP mods so I can't comment on how well it drives them, however the X1 > C5 > Mad Dogs sounds great.

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #983 of 2,420

The C5 is a very good portable alternative to the NFB-15. They're voiced quite similarly, IMO. The NFB-15 sounds just a bit warmer with richer bass, but the difference is small considering the disparity in size. 

I haven't tried the X5 with any T50RP mods so I can't comment on how well it drives them, however the X1 > C5 > Mad Dogs sounds great.

Thanks, I'm sold on the C5, now just need to choose one of the following :

* Fiio X5 @ £290

* Cayin N6 @ £387 (gulp)

* iRiver AK100mk1 @ £300

* iBasso DX50 @ £199

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #984 of 2,420
  Thanks, I'm sold on the C5, now just need to choose one of the following :

* Fiio X5 @ £290

* Cayin N6 @ £387 (gulp)

* iRiver AK100mk1 @ £300

* iBasso DX50 @ £199

* X5 + C5 is a great combination imo, use it every day and loving it. Almost the same footprint.
* Cayin N6 maybe doesn't benefit from an extra amp (waiting for reviews on SQ of that one)
* AK100...don't know, never had/heard it
* DX50...had it for almost a year and sold it when I got the DX90, which has much better SQ imo

Good luck with making your choice...

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #985 of 2,420
From the last couple posts, the x1 and the c5 could be a good combo?

I am considering the c5 over the e11k for the x1, am looking for some advice if this is a good idea or not?

It sounds that whatever the c5 is paired with, it sounds good.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #986 of 2,420

I am considering the c5 over the e11k for the x1, am looking for some advice if this is a good idea or not?

Thanks in advance.

I have no experience of the X1, only the X3 with the C5.
This combination works very well IMO.

I have briefly paired the X3 with the E11k. Whilst both pairings are chalk and cheese to my ears, they are certainly worth consideration.

The C5 provides a more natural reproduction of sound with a wonderful large soundstage in depth and width transforming the listener to experience a live like performance. Although not bass shy it may not please bass heads.

On brief trial with the E11k, bass was more prominent, more of an in ear sound than 'out of head' experience. This conclusion was only formed from a short listen, maybe others can guide more accurately.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #987 of 2,420

Thanks in advance.

The X1 is similar to the X5 in many ways. The main difference being that the X5 has dual micro sd card slots while the X1 only has one, besides this the X5 has a far better amp for listening out of the headphone Jack. If your going to using the Line Out Jack (which I assume you will with the Cayin C5) the X1 is a great buy.

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #988 of 2,420
  * X5 + C5 is a great combination imo, use it every day and loving it. Almost the same footprint.
* Cayin N6 maybe doesn't benefit from an extra amp (waiting for reviews on SQ of that one)
* AK100...don't know, never had/heard it
* DX50...had it for almost a year and sold it when I got the DX90, which has much better SQ imo

Good luck with making your choice...

Thanks, I must ask though... what did you mean by "Cayin N6 maybe doesn't benefit from an extra amp" ?

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #989 of 2,420
Thanks, I must ask though... what did you mean by "Cayin N6 maybe doesn't benefit from an extra amp" ?

I meant that maybe the build in amps of the N6 deliver even better SQ on their own than when you stack it up with a C5.
So, in that case you wouldn't need the C5 at all...

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #990 of 2,420
  I meant that maybe the build in amps of the N6 deliver even better SQ on their own than when you stack it up with a C5.
So, in that case you wouldn't need the C5 at all...

Thanks I thought so, though I am not sure an N6 will sufficiently power Mrspeakers Alpha Prime headphones. I guess I can always buy without amp and see how I get on then get an amp if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back