The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Sep 30, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #422 of 2,420
  Will this thing drive my HE400s?  Would it stand a chance with my 600ohm AKG K240DF?  Also, I have a used pair of K702s on the way.  Will it fare ok with them?  I will be driving it from an HRT Microstreamer direct line out.  My present amp collection is a Fiio E11 and a Bravo Audio Ocean.

Many thanks if anyone can help!

have the akg702 and c5 drives it with ease at low gain. i use the bass boost with 702 and it adds some warm and bass quantity which balance the sound better for me. (my akg702 is also modded: w the sticker removed). with an adaptor that increases the 702 by another 32ohms, c5 can drive it at effortlessly at volume no: 4 low gain.

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #423 of 2,420

Will this thing drive my HE400s?  Would it stand a chance with my 600ohm AKG K240DF?  Also, I have a used pair of K702s on the way.  Will it fare ok with them?  I will be driving it from an HRT Microstreamer direct line out.  My present amp collection is a Fiio E11 and a Bravo Audio Ocean.

Many thanks if anyone can help!

have the akg702 and c5 drives it with ease at low gain. i use the bass boost with 702 and it adds some warm and bass quantity which balance the sound better for me. (my akg702 is also modded: w the sticker removed). with an adaptor that increases the 702 by another 32ohms, c5 can drive it at effortlessly at volume no: 4 low gain.

Thanks for the info.  My K702 should be arriving some time today - very excited!

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #424 of 2,420

What difference does the adaptor make to the sound?

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #425 of 2,420
Finally got mine. No tracking update until today which says delivery in process. Fortunately someone was home to receive it. Charging the unit now and see how does it take to have a full charge.

It gets warm while charging and it's third led is already blinking in half an hour with a 2.1 amp samsung charger. Is this normal or is it charging up too fast? Will appreciate some feedbacks guys. Thanks.

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #426 of 2,420
Finally got mine. No tracking update until today which says delivery in process. Fortunately someone was home to receive it. Charging the unit now and see how does it take to have a full charge.

It gets warm while charging and it's third led is already blinking in half an hour with a 2.1 amp samsung charger. Is this normal or is it charging up too fast? Will appreciate some feedbacks guys. Thanks.

It's normal that it get hot while charging.

I have never actually checked the charging time on mine, just put it on charge at night and it's ready in the morning.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #427 of 2,420
It's normal that it get hot while charging.

I have never actually checked the charging time on mine, just put it on charge at night and it's ready in the morning.

Thanks for the feedback peter123. It does get hot just like my DX50. Wonder if the heat generate would have any adverse effect over time. Anyway, good to know it's normal and will report back on the time to get a full charge. Thanks again.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #428 of 2,420
Thanks for the feedback peter123. It does get hot just like my DX50. Wonder if the heat generate would have any adverse effect over time. Anyway, good to know it's normal and will report back on the time to get a full charge. Thanks again.

No problem. Please post the charging time if you remember, should be good to know for the future.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #429 of 2,420

Because different marketing and transportation time, so we added a first charge on the C5 packing tips. You can see the third LED lights shining because C5 margin itself still more. In fact, no matter how much you use the current charger inside the C5 has circuit protection design, ease of use, under normal circumstances, when the C5 is fully charged, you need three hours or more times. 

Thank you for choosing our CAYIN products.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #430 of 2,420
No problem. Please post the charging time if you remember, should be good to know for the future.

Because different marketing and transportation time, so we added a first charge on the C5 packing tips. You can see the third LED lights shining because C5 margin itself still more. In fact, no matter how much you use the current charger inside the C5 has circuit protection design, ease of use, under normal circumstances, when the C5 is fully charged, you need three hours or more times. 

Thank you for choosing our CAYIN products.

Thanks for the info Thomas.

@peter123, It took about 2hrs 45mins to 3hrs to get a full charge out of a 2.1amp wall charger. And like what Thomas stated, the last led blinked from the half hour mark till it's fully charged.

One last noob question if you guys don't mind. Do we need to set the DX50 volume to max if I'm using the line out to the C5. Thanks guys.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #431 of 2,420
Thanks for the info Thomas.

@peter123, It took about 2hrs 45mins to 3hrs to get a full charge out of a 2.1amp wall charger. And like what Thomas stated, the last led blinked from the half hour mark till it's fully charged.

One last noob question if you guys don't mind. Do we need to set the DX50 volume to max if I'm using the line out to the C5. Thanks guys.

Charging time noted, thank you!

If you use the lo the volume shouldn't effect anything.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #433 of 2,420
Thanks peter123 for the quick reply regarding the volume. Copy that and just glad I could at least do a little contribution to the thread regarding the charging time. Cheers.

No problem. Now enjoy and report :wink:

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #434 of 2,420
The LO on the DX50 is affected by the volume control (as volume is set digitally within the DAC section). It should be set to maximum to preserve resolution.

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #435 of 2,420
The LO on the DX50 is affected by the volume control (as volume is set digitally within the DAC section). It should be set to maximum to preserve resolution.

Ok CJG888. Thanks for the feedback and have set to 250/255. The sweet spot for now with my SE535. Hearing faint music playing at zero volume on the C5 thus don't think i should max out but will try out with some other phones. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back