The Carolina CanFEST 8/14/10
Jan 31, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #47 of 285
Very good point. There is no reason to conflict with CanJam and have another headphone event too close in timing. Thanks for the reminder.
On another subject what has the attendance been for the last couple of CanJams?

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #48 of 285
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am inquiring as to who may be interested (Head-fiers, manufacturers, dealers, etc.) in attending a CanFEST II sometime in the first quarter of 2010. This would be a little different from the first one in that the space would, at least, be tripled, and we would have two distinct physically separate sections; one would be more of a trade show format with dealers, manufacturers, etc. and the other a more intimate and quite room/rooms for a headphone meet atmosphere where participants can bring their gear and have a dedicated quiet listening area, physically separate from the main room. This would hopefully accommodate everyone in a more efficient and enjoyable way. Your input would be appreciated.

If what was originally planned is not still possible, vendors still aren't a problem as long as head-fiers have a proper space to set up personal rigs. Meets are also just as much about the people as much as the gear to me nowadays. Maybe we could research a way keep it small and cheap if vendors aren't as interest because of the timing. I'll be attending CanJam as well.

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #50 of 285
I would love to come. I don't have much as far as gear to bring. But if that isn't a big deal count me in!

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #51 of 285
"I don't have much as far as gear to bring."

You need not be concerned about that. When we have it, just come and enjoy. I'm still trying to determine a date and location in addition to obtaining some volunteer help. Obviously, we want to avoid being too close to CanJam. So, we're either looking at the end of March or by mid April or in the Fall. Any input will be appreciated.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #52 of 285
Thanks I was worried lol.

I would say the sooner the better lol. But I am free every weekend between now and then except April 3rd. Maybe March 27th?

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #53 of 285
Any volunteers, near or far? A few of you have already volunteered which is great but we need some additional people to help with the overall organizing of the gathering along with assisting the day of the Meet, ie; set up, tear down, collecting "donations", refreshments, and a few other things. Any offers of help?
Thanks,
Danny

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #54 of 285
When is the exact date? If I can definitely make it, then I can volunteer to help out with anything pretty much.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #55 of 285
A date has not yet been set. We understand if it conflicts with someone's schedule, which we hope it doesn't, then helping out would not work out. I just need to get an idea of the amount of help available as that may guide me regarding size of the meet. So far, we seem to have about 30-40 people interested in attending which is a great start.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #56 of 285
I'm pretty new to headfi, and have very limited gear, but I'd love to attend as well. Especially since I live right next to Charlotte.
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #57 of 285
Hi. I am new to head-fi, but have been reading for a while. I would love to come help out and listen to some gear. I am a student so the amount i would be able to help out would depend on the date (April is a busy month for me). If you need hep leading up to the event let me know.
I can't wait to hear some gear because I am planning on buying a new set of cans and didn't want to do it blind.
Thanks in advance!
Doug

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #59 of 285
I won't mind comming and helping. I don't have a lot of time and money to offer because all my energys have been concentrated on CanJam. This years CanJam will be the first international meet I will be able to attend so it takes priority for me. Still a meet in March or April should be fun! Let me know how I can help.
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #60 of 285
I hope you have a GREAT time at CanJam. It should be a terrific experience. I'm still in the process of finding a suitable location for the Meet. Once I do that I can nail down a date.
Thanks for you offer to help as it is greatly appreciated. You need not offer money as your kind assistance will be fine. Others, who can more easily afford it, will hopefully help offset the expenses. All should work out fine in the end. More later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back