The Carolina CanFEST 8/14/10
Jan 16, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #33 of 285
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No definite date has yet been set. If we are able to pull this off I would anticipate it to be in March or April.

I am interested. Whether I am able to attend depends on the date selected. As manaox2 pointed out, setting the date well in advance (a couple of months?) makes it easier to carve out time in one's schedule.

By the way DannyB, bringing your Omega & KGSS to the Lake Norman mini-meet was
evil_smiley.gif
. I am still thinking about how to make a rational case for spending that kind of coin.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #34 of 285
I would be interested in coming down for the meet and greet to mingle with the NC Head phile set. Understand NCers are know for their hospitality and not just BBQ ribs. Hopefully the eventual date chosen aligns with the sun and moon to fit in the calendar.

Will give me a good excuse to visit and stay with my sister & family. Or with my sister in law if I convince my better half to join in the trek south.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #35 of 285
Could be a Jayhawk fan there too.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #38 of 285
If this event is as big as this sounds to be, I will try to make it, re-scheduling other priorities.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #40 of 285
April is fine with me. I enjoyed the first one and will definitely attend this one if it happens.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #44 of 285
This needs to happen, I need a new source.

any weekend in april is fine.

alternatively if anyone wants to do a mini meet up in the triangle to show off some sources...

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #45 of 285
Well, here is the issue; do we make it large (or larger) like the first CanFest was and invite dealers and manufacturers to help offset expenses or do we keep it small and try to support it ourselves?

If an appropriate room is rented in a conveniently located hotel the cost will probably run around $500-$800 plus a couple hundred dollars for other expenses. The first CanFest was greatly helped by having raffles of items that manufacturers and dealers were so generous to donate. I am a bit fearful about fronting the costs and ending up significantly in the red if we have it on a smaller scale without outside support. Also, if we have it on a larger scale I would like to rent a second smaller and quieter room for the DIYers to have and play with and show off their equipment, which was an issue at the first CanFest.

So, any thoughts on this issue of size as it relates to offsetting the cost would be appreciated. Also, anyone willing to assist in the organization and execution of this event please PM me. I already have a couple of kind offers to help but more would be needed.

Thanks,
Danny
Organizer-CanFest 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

Back