The Carolina CanFEST 8/14/10
Jun 21, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #121 of 285
Two more MOT have confirmed. We are thrilled to add Craig Sanborn of Whiplash Audio Dynamics in Penfield, NY who well be making the trip to beautiful North Carolina for the event.
We are also honored to add Dustin Clemens of Audio Advice a well known and established audio and video company with multiple locations in North Carolina.

http://www.audioadvice.com/

http://whiplashaudio.com/

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #122 of 285
Attached is a picture of one of the two rooms we have for CanFEST II. Of course we will not have all the chairs in there but rather tables around the periphery and a few in the center as needed. The second room will be a smaller area for the DIY crowd to enjoy. If you haven't already done so, please let me know if you plan to attend so I can add you to the attendee or vendor list.

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #123 of 285

BBQ joints in Charlotte.  I live in Cornelius so haven't eaten at most of the Charlotte locations, but can recommend Lancaster's & Bubba's. Sonny's near the hotel is ok.

Jake

Near Hotel:

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q

440 Tyvola Rd
  Others:

[size=x-small]Lancaster's BBQ [/size]

[size=x-small]9230 Beatties Ford Rd
www.lancastersbbq.com[/size]

[size=x-small]Bubba's Barbecue[/size]

4400 Sunset Rd  

[size=x-small]Bar-B-Q King[/size]

2900 Wilkinson Blvd (Featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives)  

[size=x-small]Carolina Country BBQ[/size]

838 Tyvola  

[size=x-small]Hog Heaven Barbeque[/size]

1600 Purser Dr  

[size=x-small]Ole Smokehouse #1[/size]

1513 Montford Dr  

[size=x-small]Smokehouse Barbecue[/size]

3318 Wilkinson Blvd  

[size=x-small]Fletcher's Kyle Bbq & Catering[/size]

4507 Wilkinson Blvd

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #124 of 285
[size=11pt]Is anyone planning to bring LCD2's. That's the phone I most want to hear. [/size]

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #125 of 285
Me and Tigerhawk will both probably be there. . .great to hear one of these will be near by!

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #126 of 285
Question: Will anyone be bringing a HiFiMan HM-801 and/or 602?  How about an S:Flo2?  Anyone with a MarkL-modded Denon AH-Dx000? Any iMods?  I'm quite curious to hear any of these things and compare against my own current gear.  I know portable gear doesn't get much love in NC, but it'd be interesting to hear anyway.  If enough of this stuff is at this event, I might consider attending.

Also, if anyone has any of this stuff in the Triangle, send me a PM and maybe we can do a mini-meet at some point.

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #127 of 285
It would be great to have you join us. I just sent a note out to all the vendors to forward a list of equipment they will be bringing so I can post it on the lead thread. Hopefully, they will be able to do this in short order to give attendees a better idea of what will be there. Also, as we all know, lots of fun and interesting surprises show up last minute from vendors and the attendee population in general.

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #128 of 285
Awesome!!!  Count me in!  :)

Excellent timing as I am really wanting to audition some gear before I buy my first setup.  Looking forward to meeting you all!

--Chris

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #129 of 285
unl3a5h3d

"We should do it August 14th, because I move in to college on the 20th.
I am just being dumb, do it whenever.
smily_headphones1.gif
"

As you wish. It is August 14th. Hope to see you there.
Danny

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #130 of 285
I plan on attending, and I will inform several friends...to see if I can get them to attend, as well.

It was fun last year...just a tad crowded
wink_face.gif

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #131 of 285
Fantastic. Please let your friends know we look forward to meeting them. You are correct in that last year was a bit crowded. I have taken steps to help avoid that this year by getting one room three times the size of last year in addition to a second room for the DIY crowd to enjoy.
This should make the physical aspect of the space much more convenient for everyone.

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #132 of 285
Equipment List for Attendees and Vendors:
Please post what equipment you plan to bring and I will put it on the Lead Thread for viewing so others will know what they can experience.

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #133 of 285
I've just posted the event on Audio Nervosa, so hopefully some of our regular NC gang will be able to attend.

Also, posted on the Carolina's S2000 forum...I think a couple of those guys would be interested in coming.

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #134 of 285
Thanks for introducing me to Audio Nervosa sheadlee. Seems to be a cool site I wish I had known of before.

As of right now, I'm planning on bringing the SRM-T1, Lambda Normal bias and probably the Buffalo24 DAC. The O2 might sneak in there if anyone else is bringing some Stax gear. Probably will try to bring the HD650 with some Millett varieties too for those interested in hearing some DIY stuffs. I did think that all of the vendors last time were great, I hope they can show up again and enjoy themselves a bit more now that there is the extra space.

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #135 of 285

Quote:
Thanks for introducing me to Audio Nervosa sheadlee. Seems to be a cool site I wish I had known of before.

You are welcome! I see that you are in Cary...we usually have 4-5 G2G's each year, in the Apex/Durham area. We would love for you to join us whenever you are able.

By the way...my AN moniker is 'stereofool'...rather appropriate
wink.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back