The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #346 of 1,511
One of my neighbors has a 120d. Apparently its not a bad car to drive at all. I'm also a big 1-series coupe fan; Actually looks very cool in person.

I do prefer the balance of a RWD car. Nothing wrong with FWD (Golf GTi and Focus XR5 are great fun), but there's less subtlety to them when it comes to body control, and the highly powerful ones (e.g. Focus RS) tend to be quiet compromised. Maybe RWD is just more rewarding in the long run???

I can't wait to see how Ford is going to try and tame 300hp in the new Focus RS. It looks mouth-wateringly brilliant!

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #347 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how the hell does he plan on getting the car to go around corners without breaking his wrist?

It has a steering wheel you know.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still FWD FTL

And?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
krmathis,is that his actual car? Thats a really tastefully done Civic!

Yes, its his race/drivers car. Its not street registered though, so it don't hit the roads too often. He have two other Civic's for daily drive
This specific one was imported from California 4 years ago. It attended the movie "The Fast And The Furious" back there, before he bought it.
smile.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #349 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The next car I get has to be rwd there were none in my budget as of yet tho, such a shame there arent more about

My preference is definitely RWD, but it would be foolish to think that there aren't some excellent FWD cars out there. AWD as well. If anyone is interested, my younger brother Paul has a very nice Subaru WRX that is currently in contention for the "Top Scoob Classic" over on NASIOC. It's the Aspen White 2002 (first car listed, 2nd post on the thread) on this thread:

the Nigh-Annual Top Scoob Classic -Polls Now Open !! - NASIOC

Very nice, meticulously done, and very fast.

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #352 of 1,511
how do people see car audio? one of my colleagues just got into a lexus for the stereo (mark levinson branded), and there was a recent audiophile society call for participation in a study in long beach of car audio equipment... long story short, here's my question:

is the sound a real reason to decide for or against a car for you?

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #353 of 1,511
The only sound I care about in a car is the one coming from the engine.

Honestly, I'm concentrating on the road when I drive, and very high quality music is the last thing I need. That, and my obsession with saving weight in cars, is why I don't really give a toss.

I have heard the B&O system in the Audi R8 along with the Bose system in the 350Z and the ML set-up in the Lexus LS, and they do sound alright, but its not a major factor in why you'd choose that particular car.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #354 of 1,511
in the fiesta i used to listen and fiddle with the radio alot, but not once since having the celica have i had it on, i may in the future, i would never put a big sub in, maybe some 6x9s but nothing heavy, also upgrade whats there

but i wouldnt choose a car on sound at all! that comes about last on the list, infact i like a noisy [engine etc] car

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #356 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do people see car audio? one of my colleagues just got into a lexus for the stereo (mark levinson branded), and there was a recent audiophile society call for participation in a study in long beach of car audio equipment... long story short, here's my question:

is the sound a real reason to decide for or against a car for you?

Naim are now partnering with Bentley, I am not even sure I could imagine the decision process? Mind you I would rather Naim and Aston Martin..
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #357 of 1,511
I'd rather have a straight through exhaust on my Aston Martin.

When is that V8 Vantage with a LM-spec V12 coming out? I remember reading about the prototype quiet a while ago, and that it was going into limited production.

My dream AM, however, is a DBS with DB9 sports pack bodywork in black. Drool.................(I personally think the DBS looks like a badly tarted up DB9).

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #358 of 1,511
There was a video on my local HD channel named Shaken & Stirred: Racing Classic Astons at Spa and they had some vintage DB5 and 6's racing with straight through exhausts on them and that really is how a sports car should sound.

I love the sound of a properly tuned inline 6. =)

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #359 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd rather have a straight through exhaust on my Aston Martin.

When is that V8 Vantage with a LM-spec V12 coming out? I remember reading about the prototype quiet a while ago, and that it was going into limited production.

My dream AM, however, is a DBS with DB9 sports pack bodywork in black. Drool.................(I personally think the DBS looks like a badly tarted up DB9).

You could argue that Naim in an Aston would be the audio equivalent of a 'straight-through'...at least in terms of PRaT (Pace Rhythm and Timing)??
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #360 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a video on my local HD channel named Shaken & Stirred: Racing Classic Astons at Spa and they had some vintage DB5 and 6's racing with straight through exhausts on them and that really is how a sports car should sound.

I love the sound of a properly tuned inline 6. =)

I cringed when I saw that DB4 GT crash after Eau Rouge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back