The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Nov 20, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #106 of 1,511
My wife just bought a Roush 427 (actual car, not our house):

01.jpg

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #110 of 1,511
Probaply because Mustang isnt honestly that big.
smily_headphones1.gif
It just looks massive, and thats part of its charm. Looks massive, badass and is equipped with ballsy (both torque and sound) engine, whats there not to like?
biggrin.gif

Bahamaman, is that picture from your (or wifes) car?

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #111 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife just bought a Roush 427 (actual car, not our house)....

I'm going to finish that sentence for bahamaman:

....our house is much, much larger.

wink.gif

Seriously, though, bahamaman, I'm a big fan of that car and the company, and have had my share of very fast runs in Roush Mustangs (almost always the passenger--I don't drive a manual very well, unless it's sequential in nature, and in a video game).

And I love the 427 badging. Is your wife a performance driver?

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #112 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probaply because Mustang isnt honestly that big.
smily_headphones1.gif
It just looks massive, and thats part of its charm. Looks massive, badass and is equipped with ballsy (both torque and sound) engine, whats there not to like?
biggrin.gif

Bahamaman, is that picture from your (or wifes) car?

i am a fan of small agile light, fast cornering balanced cars usually, [lotus exige] but that is just nice!

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #113 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to finish that sentence for bahamaman:

....our house is much, much larger.

wink.gif

Seriously, though, bahamaman, I'm a big fan of that car and the company, and have had my share of very fast runs in Roush Mustangs (almost always the passenger--I don't drive a manual very well, unless it's sequential in nature, and in a video game).

And I love the 427 badging. Is your wife a performance driver?

Our house is considerably smaller, all the better to afford a go-fast car!

And you ask if my wife is a performance driver . . . well, does having been born in Germany and trained to drive on the Autobahn qualify?

MaZa - that is the actual car we bought!

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #114 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....And you ask if my wife is a performance driver . . . well, does having been born in Germany and trained to drive on the Autobahn qualify?...

Well she's certainly more qualified than me. And there's something about a German-born gal with driving skills who buys American iron that says "keeper" as far as I'm concerned.
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #116 of 1,511
Beautiful car, Rob. You really do take good car of her, don't you! Or do you just let her spoil herself, and then bum rides!?!?
icon10.gif
Lovely backdrop for the pic as well.

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #117 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. I need a girlfriend that likes driving fast, but its frankly turning out to be a difficult search...

I've seen many 16-17 year olds driving really fast for no apparent reason around my place.....man, I feel old.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #118 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well she's certainly more qualified than me. And there's something about a German-born gal with driving skills who buys American iron that says "keeper" as far as I'm concerned.
beerchug.gif

Maybe the best part of all is this: she refuses to drive any car that doesn't have a manual transmission. She sure loves that short throw Hurst shifter on the Roush!

Nov 21, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #120 of 1,511
^ that depends. I personally think that on a racetrack, a paddle shift isn't a bad idea because you're trying to chase down every last tenth of a second.

However, for road use, I'll take my car with a 3rd pedal and a proper gearstick thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back