The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Mar 14, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #589 of 827
Could someone who has any of the high end brise cables; Yatono 8w/4w etc discuss what they do to sound and if you have paired them with Jewel discuss the pairing. THANKYOU

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #590 of 827
Could someone who has any of the high end brise cables; Yatono 8w/4w etc discuss what they do to sound and if you have paired them with Jewel discuss the pairing. THANKYOU
Here's what I wrote comparing Orpheus and Yatano 8w to a fellow head-fier some time ago. I heard the same trend while comparing these cables on Jewel too. I only have the lower grade Rh2+ of the 4w equivalent. It dials back one notch on resolution, top/bottom extension, and note weight.

Compared to Orpheus, Yatano 8w has better subbass and slightly reduced midbass. Yatano also has more upper mids/lower treble energy which gives a sense of clarity compared to "slower and rounded" Orphy. To me, Yatano is the ultimate "flat" response cable and Orphy is the "musical" counterpart.

The tricky part to explain might be the blackness. I think Orphy gets the sense of blackness not only the shielding but also from reduced upper mids. A bit like how Traillii has the upper mids turned down. Cymbals, hihats, snare drum spring resonance, and shhh-sound are slightly pushed back. When I first switch to Yatano 8w, I get the impression that this cable is busy sounding because nothing is held back. I listen to Dream Theater's "Take the Time" and I immediately notice top end splashes of the drum kits and edges from the guitar/vocal coming forward. This makes it sound busy and less black because you don't get the sense of separation like the Orphy. But with this understanding, if I listen carefully, there is still a tremendous amount of depth and separation with Yatano such that I consider it "as black as Orphy" if not more. Also, the "busy" presentation makes the 8w soundstage closer and upfront, compared to Orpheus.

With prog/metal, I actually strongly prefer Yatano for its speed/edge/balance/detail. For small ensemble acoustic Jazz, I might chill with Orphy.

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #591 of 827
Whoever owns the Yatano Ultimate 4w and wants to comment on there experience, It would also be super beneficial. I am itching for one of these but would love more data points. :ksc75smile:

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #593 of 827
Here's what I wrote comparing Orpheus and Yatano 8w to a fellow head-fier some time ago. I heard the same trend while comparing these cables on Jewel too. I only have the lower grade Rh2+ of the 4w equivalent. It dials back one notch on resolution, top/bottom extension, and note weight.

Compared to Orpheus, Yatano 8w has better subbass and slightly reduced midbass. Yatano also has more upper mids/lower treble energy which gives a sense of clarity compared to "slower and rounded" Orphy. To me, Yatano is the ultimate "flat" response cable and Orphy is the "musical" counterpart.

The tricky part to explain might be the blackness. I think Orphy gets the sense of blackness not only the shielding but also from reduced upper mids. A bit like how Traillii has the upper mids turned down. Cymbals, hihats, snare drum spring resonance, and shhh-sound are slightly pushed back. When I first switch to Yatano 8w, I get the impression that this cable is busy sounding because nothing is held back. I listen to Dream Theater's "Take the Time" and I immediately notice top end splashes of the drum kits and edges from the guitar/vocal coming forward. This makes it sound busy and less black because you don't get the sense of separation like the Orphy. But with this understanding, if I listen carefully, there is still a tremendous amount of depth and separation with Yatano such that I consider it "as black as Orphy" if not more. Also, the "busy" presentation makes the 8w soundstage closer and upfront, compared to Orpheus.

With prog/metal, I actually strongly prefer Yatano for its speed/edge/balance/detail. For small ensemble acoustic Jazz, I might chill with Orphy.
Must be why I love the cable so much xD I think with highly resolving iems Yatono 8w really excels

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #594 of 827
Same. What's the different between a BSEP vs Yatono 4w Ultimate for Z1R?
Bsep is literally designed to bring out the best of z1r at least that's what it says so I'd probably buy it over Yatono if you are planning on only using it with z1r also a lot cheaper.

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #595 of 827
Bsep is literally designed to bring out the best of z1r at least that's what it says so I'd probably buy it over Yatono if you are planning on only using it with z1r also a lot cheaper.
I have an opportunity to pick up a 4w ultimate for really good price. The only issues is that it's mmcx and I prefer 2pin. But if BSEP works with Z1R I may have to take a look.

Mar 15, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #598 of 827
Mar 19, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #600 of 827
I'm looking a mid-end cable for Senhensier IE900.
Wondering between Ashuha variation, could any one give me an advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back