The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
May 12, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #351 of 825
Well still need to make my decision
STR-7 Ref or Yamoto LE ... ?
I don't think you can wrong; they're all very well made and sound great, just depends on your preference and budget. I also had the ASUHA Ref.2, which is another fine cable.

P1090357_2.jpg

May 12, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #352 of 825
I don't think you can wrong; they're all very well made and sound great, just depends on your preference and budget. I also had the ASUHA Ref.2, which is another fine cable.

P1090357_2.jpg
I'm more 'concerned' about the sound signature of the cables
I don't want them to add any additional brightness in the Treble range
If they add something in the Bass region it works for me
Now since they are copper I don't think the Treble region will be an issue

May 12, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #353 of 825
I'm more 'concerned' about the sound signature of the cables
I don't want them to add any additional brightness in the Treble range
If they add something in the Bass region it works for me
Now since they are copper I don't think the Treble region will be an issue
Drop Naoki Okada a line; he can offer feedback/advice on tuning. But in my experience, all the Brise cables tend to be quite neutral and expand/enhance what's already there rather than radically modifying the IEM/headphone (although the copper based TOTORI cable worked wonders for slightly taming the peaky WP900).

May 12, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #354 of 825
Drop Naoki Okada a line; he can offer feedback/advice on tuning. But in my experience, all the Brise cables tend to be quite neutral and expand/enhance what's already there rather than radically modifying the IEM/headphone (although the copper based TOTORI cable worked wonders for slightly taming the peaky WP900).
I did in the meantime sent Naoki-san an email
But it will be buy & try
Now I'm feeling confident it will work out

May 13, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #355 of 825
I did in the meantime sent Naoki-san an email
But it will be buy & try
Now I'm feeling confident it will work out
Agree with @Nostoi . Brise makes excellent cables. I have both the Yatono Ultimate and the Yatono Ultimate 8wire. No regrets at all! :)

May 14, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #358 of 825
Well just paid my STR-7 Ref
That's what Naoki told me to get vs Yatono-LE
Let's see how I like it
How are the Yatono Ultimate / 4 and 8 wire ?
As I understood a stiffer cable ?
Or at least for IEM
Congrats! I must confess that I have not tried the other cables in the stable. I should try one day. Let me consult my resident Brise expert @Sabre2 :)

Hmmm… the 8 wire is, as you can imagine, bulkier but I would not say that either is terribly stiff. Especially when you have used PWA cables. The reason is simple: the shielding is very well done and close fitting. The material used by Brise also lends itself to it getting softer with time and use. At least that is my perspective.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #359 of 825
Congrats! I must confess that I have tried the other cables in the stable. I should try one day. Let me consult my resident Brise expert @Sabre2 :)

Hmmm… the 8 wire is, as you can imagine, bulkier but I would not say that either is terribly stiff. Especially when you have used PWA cables. The reason is simple: the shielding is very well done and close fitting. The material used by Brise also lends itself to it getting softer with time and use. At least that is my perspective.
Seems fine but I mean usable for IEM ?
For headphones wouldn't bother me

May 14, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #360 of 825
Seems fine but I mean usable for IEM ?
For headphones wouldn't bother me
I have both fitted with FitEar connectors. So , yes, IEMS.

The 8 wire version is perhaps not something you’d wear and walk about. Naoki-san advises that it brings benefits but is more limited because of the added weight etc. For me I tend not to walk around with IEMs in my ears. I listen while sitting down generally, whether it be at home, in an airport lounge or on a flight.

If I recall correctly, it is also advised that the IEMs for use with the 8 wire should be customs. My guess is a more secure fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back