The Bose NC 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Jul 17, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 202
So you prefer the overly thick, slow and bassy Sony's? Sorry, not for me by a long shot...they sound way to plodding and thick. EQ didn't help either with the speed...or lack thereof.

I prefer the Sony sound to the Bose, yes. But that doesn't mean I LOVE the Sony sound. I actually much prefer the sound of the Sony MDR-1AM2 I listen to when I'm at home.

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #17 of 202
I didn't realize how awful the Sony's sounded until I bought some new high-end headphones. Its an unfair comparison, but the bass on the Sony really just destroys the music.

The bass overly bleeds into the mids (more so than even the Beats Studio 3) and they are too thick sounding. Fingers crossed Sony fixes this and their cold weather performance in the next go round. But for now, I am enjoying the NC700s...sound quite a bit more balanced and the noise cancelling is king of the heap...for now anyway.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 202
The bass overly bleeds into the mids (more so than even the Beats Studio 3) and they are too thick sounding. Fingers crossed Sony fixes this and their cold weather performance in the next go round. But for now, I am enjoying the NC700s...sound quite a bit more balanced and the noise cancelling is king of the heap...for now anyway.
Can't agree with that. Studio 3 definately bleeds significantly. XM3 lower mids isn't like that, but there is significant bass through. I wouldn't say bleed like Studio 3, in which sound does get masked from the lower mids warmth. I can't believe they call it 'studio' with such performance. It's no studio monitor.

I don't know about 700, but I preferred XM3 over the QC35, which had jagged treble response, which made the treble a truly shrilly sound, not in terms of excessive treble, but in terms of timbre. Bass was a bit much, but I liked the upper frequencies.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #19 of 202
Can't agree with that. Studio 3 definately bleeds significantly. XM3 lower mids isn't like that, but there is significant bass through. I wouldn't say bleed like Studio 3, in which sound does get masked from the lower mids warmth. I can't believe they call it 'studio' with such performance. It's no studio monitor.

I don't know about 700, but I preferred XM3 over the QC35, which had jagged treble response, which made the treble a truly shrilly sound, not in terms of excessive treble, but in terms of timbre. Bass was a bit much, but I liked the upper frequencies.

Oh they bleed too...just not as much as the Sony's.

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 202
How about with my iPad Pro or Macbook Pro? Yeah, tried those too...not impressed with either in comparison. They just don't sound good to me and the sound profiles I like. Understood about the codecs, for sure. Didn't notice much of a difference.

I agree. Tried with both s10 and iphone. When switching between xm3 and bose 700 the bose sound harch and horrible to my ears. Think the H9 3rd is Superior in sq

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 202
I have to ask. Are you saying that the B&O H9 3rd Gen sound better than both the Sony 1000XM3 and the Bose NC 700?

Yep. Depends on what you like. NC is best on the Sony's

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #25 of 202
Thank you for the answer. 2 more questions. How is the comfort of the H9 compared to the Bose and Sony? Also, how are bluetooth voice calls on the H9 compared to the Bose and Sony? Thank you in advance.

Comfort is best on qc35. Then Sony, then 700 then h9 3rd.

Calls is best on the new bose 700. I dont use them for Calls. So for me nc and sq is most important.

Jul 22, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #28 of 202
Depends on what kind of noise. I only tested it with airplane cabin noise.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #29 of 202
Depends on what kind of noise. I only tested it with airplane cabin noise.

I've tested them under that, plus a few others too...to my ears the NC700 was tops for noise cancelling. Though I would like to see some measurements to help validate that. My issue with the Sony's is just how "thick" they sound.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #30 of 202
I've tested them under that, plus a few others too...to my ears the NC700 was tops for noise cancelling. Though I would like to see some measurements to help validate that. My issue with the Sony's is just how "thick" they sound.
The sonys do sound thick. So far the H9 3rd is my favourite in sound. I found the bose700- when switching between headphones, that they sound kind of harch and artificial in comparison. Actually do like the qc35 better in both sound and comfort over the 700's maybe im just weird :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back