The BMG Thread
Aug 27, 2004 at 12:48 AM Post #91 of 103
You know,

I would love to sign up for BMG through freeflatscreens.com and get a free 27" Flat screen Trinitron out of the deal, but the link to click on for the BMG Music Club doesn't work. I've been waiting for two days, and still.... nothing.

Aug 27, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #92 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamofwales
You know,

I would love to sign up for BMG through freeflatscreens.com and get a free 27" Flat screen Trinitron out of the deal, but the link to click on for the BMG Music Club doesn't work. I've been waiting for two days, and still.... nothing.

I'm trying the signup via freeipods.com, still waiting for confirmation that I joined.

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #94 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by gastro54
Do these programs/deals actually work? No catches?

Probably be awhile till I find out. It's my opinion that there doesn't seem to be anything too fishy about it, my BMG order came in fine but it's taking bleeding forever for the site to acknowledge my membership (but I have had one other person complete a deal though I don't know which one).

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #95 of 103
Woohoo! My BMG Music Group finally registered as being completed for freeipods.com, took the better half of a month. Now I need four people to complete/confirm their offers. I have enough people referred by me, just waiting on confirmation of completion of their offers.

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #97 of 103
Just letting folks know the final breakdown.

15 CDs - total after S&H and payment of the one CD I had to buy - unfortunately i paid for a double CD as the one i bought, it just ended up that way lol-

$68.13

which turns out to $4.54 per disc. Keep in mind after rooting around , some of these were SACD hybrids too, so on my redbook i'm ready for the future.

Here's the final list of what I got:

Selection #
Item

D138062 Retrospective
Indigo Girls
1 CD

D103515 Every Breath You Take, The Classics
The Police
1 CD

D141405 Greatest Hits
Squeeze
1 CD

D148870 Classic Masters
Crowded House
1 CD

D135433 Wes Montgomery's Finest Hour
Wes Montgomery
1 CD

D151531 Afterglow
Sarah McLachlan
1 CD

D141458 Beyond Boundaries/Guitar Solos
Michael Hedges
1 CD

D246298 Violent Femmes (Deluxe Edition-Remastered) - This is the one I paid for.
Violent Femmes
2 CD

D245830 The Art Of Segovia
Andrés Segovia
2 CD

D152339 Portrait In Jazz (SACD Hybrid)
Bill Evans Trio
1 CD

D152338 Lush Life (SACD Hybrid)
John Coltrane
1 CD

D152369 In Session (SACD Hybrid)
Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan
1 CD

D115710 Layla (Original Mix) (Remastered)
Derek & The Dominos
1 CD

Upon retrospect, I would have held out to get the Police SACD Hybrid. But I didn't know at the time that AFTER you buy your required CD, the remaining CDs you can get for free have no restrictions. Yeah, the ones before I bought a CD were on a short list. But after, SACDs galore!

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #99 of 103
thanks for the heads up - i just got this:

The Sugarcubes
A Collection - The Great Crossover Potential

for some reason, it billed at only $3.99, but included S&H and Taxes. But the final cost was $7.39 or something, so hey I'd call that worth it. Once I get all my little CD goodies in hand, I'm going to cancel the account, muahaha. How do I cancel again? I have to hand-write them a letter? and to what addy? thanks!

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #101 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
I would think you can just e-mail them.

excellent, muahaha...
very_evil_smiley.gif
thanks for the heads-up on this deal, i haven't done the BMG thing since it was all through snail mail in college (big hassle).

Nov 16, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #102 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
excellent, muahaha...
very_evil_smiley.gif
thanks for the heads-up on this deal, i haven't done the BMG thing since it was all through snail mail in college (big hassle).

I remember those days.
biggrin.gif
Now BMG just e-mail me with notices of sales. No card to send back.

Nov 16, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #103 of 103
============
Electronic/Alternative
============
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Massive Attack - Protection
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Massive Attack - 100th Window
Portishead - Dummy
Morcheeba - Charango

Users who are viewing this thread

Back