The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Aug 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #423 of 1,323
Hi all. I have narrowed my search down to the DT 1350's. I was looking on Amazon and they have a DT 1350-80 listed and a DT 1350. Is there a difference between the two? Would the 80 be the upgraded earpads and headband that have been mentioned in the past few pages on this thread? Thx.

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #425 of 1,323
Try www.razordogaudio.com

I got the new DT 1350CC version from this source.

Tell him your a headfi member.

You can make an offer etc...he has an Ebay store as well.

I am listening to mine right now!

A.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #428 of 1,323
i have faced the same problem recently,i design two metal parts to replace the broken plastic parts,they will be finished some days after,if this measure are effective,i will post the design drawing and the way how to repair it

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #429 of 1,323
Quote:
i have faced the same problem recently,i design two metal parts to replace the broken plastic parts,they will be finished some days after,if this measure are effective,i will post the design drawing and the way how to repair it

Wow. Great!  Looking forward to your photos, sir!

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #430 of 1,323
Quote:
Wow. Great!  Looking forward to your photos, sir!

good news!i already repaired my dt1350 successfully.i design two parts like below,one is a screw,another is a nut.

with these two diy parts you can also repair yours.you can sent the design drawings to the factory that have numerical control machine to make the parts,you can choose the material such as aluminium or steel to process the parts.
when the diy parts are finished,they may look like this

then you need do something with thoes parts

find anyting diffence between them?the right side is the original shape,all you need do is make the square groove fit the diy part.

cut off the axle

glue them toghter with AB glue,but i'm not sure how strength the glue is,if you know other glue is better than the AB glue,you can try it.

assemble all the parts toghter.
wish you can repair yours and enjoy the fun of diy!

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #431 of 1,323
Quote:

good news!i already repaired my dt1350 successfully.i design two parts like below,one is a screw,another is a nut.

with these two diy parts you can also repair yours.you can sent the design drawings to the factory that have numerical control machine to make the parts,you can choose the material such as aluminium or steel to process the parts.
when the diy parts are finished,they may look like this

then you need do something with thoes parts

find anyting diffence between them?the right side is the original shape,all you need do is make the square groove fit the diy part.

cut off the axle

glue them toghter with AB glue,but i'm not sure how strength the glue is,if you know other glue is better than the AB glue,you can try it.

assemble all the parts toghter.
wish you can repair yours and enjoy the fun of diy!

Wow.  I see a business opportunity looming, sir!

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #433 of 1,323
  Just got a DT-1350 from NCIX (on sale $219 CDN + $35 s/h/tax), pleased to join the club!

(btw looking for dac/amp suggestion, thinking about diying one.)

Portable or desktop?  

I listen to mine vie an Audinst HUD-mx1.

Surprisingly, I think they sound better on this than with my Music Streamer II/Asgard combo.

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #434 of 1,323
  Just got a DT-1350 from NCIX (on sale $219 CDN + $35 s/h/tax), pleased to join the club!

The Bottlehead Crack is an awesome option as far as DIY'ing goes but IDK if its the best match for something as easy to drive as the 1350. It pairs best with high impedance cans. I plan on building one myself soon.

http://www.bottlehead.com/store.php/products/crack-otl-headphone-amplifier-kit

Or if you want a portable amp instead, there are tons of options out there. If you want a desktop setup but something that is a lot smaller than the Crack, I think the Lake People G103 is an awesome amp for the price. Or the O2.

Portable or desktop?  

I listen to mine vie an Audinst HUD-mx1.

Surprisingly, I think they sound better on this than with my Music Streamer II/Asgard combo.

That's interesting indeed. What about it sounds worse on the MS2/Asgard? I'm thinking maybe Schiit amps' tendencies to be somewhat bright might not mix well with the 1350s. I've got the MS2 and MS2+ and they do seem slightly different. The MS2 has a slight bit of grain and coloration in the mids but its very slight and the MS2 is still pretty great for the price IMO.

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #435 of 1,323

Welcome to the club! I've been using my pair every single day for a year and a half...would be lost without them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back