The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #331 of 1,323
I hope they didn't mess with the sonic signature of these.  That I don't want changed a bit...

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #332 of 1,323
I hope so as well, though the only thing I think that could do that would be the larger ear pads as apart from the coiled cable (and I bet the material inside is the same) there seems to be no change in the drivers.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #333 of 1,323
I'm afraid the ear pads will change the sonics.  Ask any Grado fans (me included) about that, and they will concur.  I'm actually digging the headband pads, myself...

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #334 of 1,323
Just purchased Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 after reading so many positive reviews.. i own a M50 which im very satisfied with it, but very bulky when im using it outside, so decided to purchase this one for everyday use
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #335 of 1,323
So my Shure SRH 840's bit the dust and I was in the market for new cans. I purchased and compared the AT M50's, Sure 750DJ's and the Beyerdynamic DT1350's.  The AT's were by far the most comfortable of the three and I liked the sound.  The 750DJ's went back right away.  I just didn't like them.  After listening extensively to both the AT's and the Beyers I decided to pull the trigger on the Beyers.  I wanted a pair that were portable and I didn't look like a moron wearing outside.  

I picked them up from Long & McQuade for $220.  The comments on here have been pretty much bang on.  They are somewhat uncomfortable at first but after only a week they are much more comfortable and I barely notice them now.  They definitely have a sweet spot but it isn't that hard to find and I don't play around with them as much as I did at first..  They now have about 50 or so hours burn in and sound fantastic.  The more I listen to them the more I love them. The bass is deep and smooth.  They are crystal clear.  They do tend to show flaws in poorly recorded or compressed music but at the same time they make some of them sound better.  Isolation is excellent on these. 

I don't have the same technical vocabulary as other reviewers, I only know what I like.  I am difficult to please when it comes to sound quality.   The Beyers sound as good as my limited budget could possibly hope for.  I have ordered the larger earpads but they are on back order and I'll be out of town for a while so who knows when I'll get to evaluate them.  I'm looking forward to seeing how these Beyers travel.

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #336 of 1,323
^ Nice impressions! Be sure to tell us your experience especially in SQ with the larger pads when you get them. :)

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #337 of 1,323
good review mareyfan..

anyway, where can we buy larger ear pads for this cans? a link will be helpful =D

Beyerdynamic DT1350 is on sale now in Amazon - its only 188 USD, mine i got it 200 USD last week..

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #338 of 1,323
Quote:
So my Shure SRH 840's bit the dust and I was in the market for new cans. I purchased and compared the AT M50's, Sure 750DJ's and the Beyerdynamic DT1350's.  The AT's were by far the most comfortable of the three and I liked the sound.  The 750DJ's went back right away.  I just didn't like them.  After listening extensively to both the AT's and the Beyers I decided to pull the trigger on the Beyers.  I wanted a pair that were portable and I didn't look like a moron wearing outside.  

I picked them up from Long & McQuade for $220.  The comments on here have been pretty much bang on.  They are somewhat uncomfortable at first but after only a week they are much more comfortable and I barely notice them now.  They definitely have a sweet spot but it isn't that hard to find and I don't play around with them as much as I did at first..  They now have about 50 or so hours burn in and sound fantastic.  The more I listen to them the more I love them. The bass is deep and smooth.  They are crystal clear.  They do tend to show flaws in poorly recorded or compressed music but at the same time they make some of them sound better.  Isolation is excellent on these. 

I don't have the same technical vocabulary as other reviewers, I only know what I like.  I am difficult to please when it comes to sound quality.   The Beyers sound as good as my limited budget could possibly hope for.  I have ordered the larger earpads but they are on back order and I'll be out of town for a while so who knows when I'll get to evaluate them.  I'm looking forward to seeing how these Beyers travel.

Nice feedback! Congrats on the 1350s...love mine, too!

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #339 of 1,323
Hi there, I'm from Malaysia,some where in south east asia.
I read many good reviews of this headphone online and really want to buy it,but there are some questions in my mind that i can't just leave it and buy it without doing proper research.Hope that all of you the beyer fans can help me out.
Just wanna know that are they all made in Germany? (cuz many headphones are made in china,and i wanna confirm this)
Are they only one version on the market? (becuz I've heard some one said "china genuine set" on the my local forum)
Is there any fake beyer headphones out there?
Your reply will be much appreciated.

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #340 of 1,323
Quote:
Hi there, I'm from Malaysia,some where in south east asia.
I read many good reviews of this headphone online and really want to buy it,but there are some questions in my mind that i can't just leave it and buy it without doing proper research.Hope that all of you the beyer fans can help me out.
Just wanna know that are they all made in Germany? (cuz many headphones are made in china,and i wanna confirm this)
Are they only one version on the market? (becuz I've heard some one said "china genuine set" on the my local forum)
Is there any fake beyer headphones out there?
Your reply will be much appreciated.

Yup. They are hand made in Germany. Awesome quality stuff here. China genuine set sounds sketchy. They are all supposed to be made in Germany. I'm not aware of any fake DT1350, but hey, it's China. They can make anything. Ask that person again. It has to be made in Germany, or it's not a beyer!

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #341 of 1,323
good review mareyfan..

anyway, where can we buy larger ear pads for this cans? a link will be helpful =D

Beyerdynamic DT1350 is on sale now in Amazon - its only 188 USD, mine i got it 200 USD last week..

I ordered the larger pads here: http://www.adorama.com/BDEDT1350NL.html

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #343 of 1,323
Quote:
Yup. They are hand made in Germany. Awesome quality stuff here. China genuine set sounds sketchy. They are all supposed to be made in Germany. I'm not aware of any fake DT1350, but hey, it's China. They can make anything. Ask that person again. It has to be made in Germany, or it's not a beyer!

Finally made this clear.The seller told me that "
actually for they are all the same, made in Germany. The difference is that every country has their authorised dealer who handle the warranty. 

China set means that it's from China authorised dealer. German set means that from German authorised dealer. "

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #344 of 1,323
And another question is
Are they these having many problems(I mean is there always problems with these headphones that need to send them to claim warranty)? I really want to buy it but I'm afraid to mail them to claim warranty,that's where I am worrying,what if anything happen during the postage.

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #345 of 1,323
I think they are quite robust... I use my set quite a lot, around the city as well as for DJing and as a sound engineer on location -- no problems so far.

As far as I remember few people on this thread had some minor problems, but I guess most will be addressed with the new revision of the DT1350: maybe you'll want to wait for that version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back