The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Apr 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #287 of 1,323
I wear glasses, and it really hurts to wear this little beast from beyer.
I can hardly wear it for more than an hour.
HOWEVER, they sound great! very open and detail!

Just wonder if anyone knows anyway to improve the comfort of it?

I tend to just rest the arms of my glasses on top of the pads. I looked in the mirror and it is hardly noticeable.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #288 of 1,323
Add me to the club! I've had my DT1350's for about 5 months. Was worried about not getting the proper seal and the discomfort but I was able get a seal right away when I first put it on. Discomfort was a problem for the first week maybe. Whether it was the clamp loosening after use or if I just got used to it I don't know, but it just stopped being a problem. I'm never out of the house without it :D

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #289 of 1,323
Glasses can really destroy the joy with either pain or bad sound because of lack of isolation with closed full size headphones. 

I chose my current glasses exactly because of this issue and now I have no problems. So get yourself a new pair of glasses with a thinner bar behind the ears 
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #290 of 1,323
Quote:
I tend to just rest the arms of my glasses on top of the pads. I looked in the mirror and it is hardly noticeable.

Quote:
As I do not wear glasses I can't speak based on my own experience, but several people suggested putting on the glasses after the headphones, i.e. resting the frame on the earcups.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried that, but because of the temple tip of my glasses is quite straight (the hook is not deep enough), they fall off quite easily if I rest them on the earpads.

I guess just like rasmushorn suggested, maybe I should start with getting a new pair of glasses or just wear contact lens...
cool.gif

May 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #291 of 1,323
I am shocked at how good the Beyer DT1350 is.  I've been hanging around the high-end headphone group for a long time now and I wanted to get some decent closed headphones instead of the IEMs I am used to.

After the Edition 8, Signature Pro, and D7000, I thought I'd never find a closed headphone that felt just right.  While the DT1350 may not match any of them in the technicalities, it doesn't feel deficient in any way.  I'm a huge fan.  

I have not been this surprised by a headphone since the Koss KSC35s which introduced me to this hobby fifteen years ago.  I'm not going to bother with an amp or DAC for using these 'phones and I'm just going to enjoy the music.

May 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #292 of 1,323
I finally just ordered a pair of these for myself.  I've been curious about these phones for over 2 years now.  I can't wait to give them a listen.

BTW, B&H Photo, an authorized Beyer dealer, is selling them for $199 + free economy shipping.  That's where I ordered them from.

May 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #293 of 1,323
[size=medium]Hey guys a new recruitment here. I had just gotten my pair of dt1350s from amazon a few days back and my first impression was that the headphones were not overly impressive. But oh boy was I wrong. I connected the cans to the Fiio E11 and the sound has much improved. If I had not had the portable amp for these cans I would have missed out on so much. These definitely benefits a lot from amping. The amp added a nice additional bass which I thought the dt1350s lacked a little but still seems to remain accurate not over doing the bass at all and at the same time the sound stage sounds to become a little larger which is great![/size]

[size=medium]Lastly female vocals sound fantastic through these cans! It has been a few days since I had been listening to these and it seems nicer to listen to these now than when I had first started listening to them. All aspects seems to sound a little more smoothened then it was before. It may be the burn-in but it’s probably just me getting used to the sound. Either way I am happy with the cans apart from the discomfort when wearing the cans for longer than an hour at a single time.[/size]

May 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #294 of 1,323
Hey guys a new recruitment here. I had just gotten my pair of dt1350s from amazon a few days back and my first impression was that the headphones were not overly impressive. But oh boy was I wrong. I connected the cans to the Fiio E11 and the sound has much improved. If I had not had the portable amp for these cans I would have missed out on so much. These definitely benefits a lot from amping. The amp added a nice additional bass which I thought the dt1350s lacked a little but still seems to remain accurate not over doing the bass at all and at the same time the sound stage sounds to become a little larger which is great!

Lastly female vocals sound fantastic through these cans! It has been a few days since I had been listening to these and it seems nicer to listen to these now than when I had first started listening to them. All aspects seems to sound a little more smoothened then it was before. It may be the burn-in but it’s probably just me getting used to the sound. Either way I am happy with the cans apart from the discomfort when wearing the cans for longer than an hour at a single time.
I agree. Straight out of an idevice, it's alright but with amping, so much better. With a desktop amp, even alot better.

May 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #295 of 1,323
I must admit these have now replaced all my in ear stuff (except my PF's which I don't use outside of the house). I love the larger soundstage and once music is playing they isolate almost as well as my ER4S's.

I agree normally with the amp thing, I do like the sound that comes out of these with my TU-05 but the amp in my HM-801 is so good I am not left wanting in terms of musicality or detail.

I used to run three things strapped together (SR71-B/CLAS/Classic) and now am down to the HiFiMAN and the DT1350's and I listen to so much more music through them.

They are a perfect mobile compliment to my T5P's. I don't miss the extra detail and dynamics the T5P's have when out and about, I guess I just compensate for that and it is odd as you would thing I would not adjust to the slightly warmer bass of the DT1350's but I do as it helps with the isolation when out and about.

I tried my T5P's out and about this week and because the bass is not as emphasized (note I am not say lacking!) they did not isolate as well as the DT1350's

Until March this year I had never owned Beyerdynamics now I own two pairs and love them and cannot think of anything else I would want as I have them and my Piano Forte's!

The Beyers face does not fit here on headfi, I am not sure why as having used most of the top line headphones including the HD800, LCD2's the Beyers I feel are much better all round solutions.

May 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #296 of 1,323
Quote:
I must admit these have now replaced all my in ear stuff (except my PF's which I don't use outside of the house). I love the larger soundstage and once music is playing they isolate almost as well as my ER4S's.

I agree normally with the amp thing, I do like the sound that comes out of these with my TU-05 but the amp in my HM-801 is so good I am not left wanting in terms of musicality or detail.

I used to run three things strapped together (SR71-B/CLAS/Classic) and now am down to the HiFiMAN and the DT1350's and I listen to so much more music through them.

They are a perfect mobile compliment to my T5P's. I don't miss the extra detail and dynamics the T5P's have when out and about, I guess I just compensate for that and it is odd as you would thing I would not adjust to the slightly warmer bass of the DT1350's but I do as it helps with the isolation when out and about.

I tried my T5P's out and about this week and because the bass is not as emphasized (note I am not say lacking!) they did not isolate as well as the DT1350's

Until March this year I had never owned Beyerdynamics now I own two pairs and love them and cannot think of anything else I would want as I have them and my Piano Forte's!

The Beyers face does not fit here on headfi, I am not sure why as having used most of the top line headphones including the HD800, LCD2's the Beyers I feel are much better all round solutions.

I don't know why, but DT1350 is very good. It puts SE535 to shame imo. DT1350 has that perfect musicality that is very enjoyable. However, I'd like it to be bit more comfortable.

May 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #297 of 1,323
Quote:
I finally just ordered a pair of these for myself.  I've been curious about these phones for over 2 years now.  I can't wait to give them a listen.

BTW, B&H Photo, an authorized Beyer dealer, is selling them for $199 + free economy shipping.  That's where I ordered them from.

Wow, that's a huge no-brainer...what a great deal!

As much as I love my "home" headphones that I pair with my amps, I just never cease to be amazed at the level of sound quality I get from both my 1350s and my Grado PS500s. Both benefit from better amplification, but I'm amazed at how great both sound right out of my iPhone. It just extends beyond anything I thought was possible a year ago. 

As others have said, though, the 1350s do scale up when paired with a good amp. When I plug them into my Meier Jazz, the bass is taken to an even greater degree of awesomeness. I usually reserve that for my T1s, but it's fun to see what the 1350s can do when you give them a playmate. 

But yeah, $199 for these things is a fantastic deal...I've had mine for a year now and I listen to them more than ever. I just dont' know what more I could ask of a portable headphone...

May 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #298 of 1,323
Can't wait to try mine on a high-end source i.e. the X5! :D

May 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #299 of 1,323
Boy, I started listening out of my Apogee Duet.  And even brand spanking new, these are already starting to sing.  The base is definitely more precise then my HD25s.

And I have to keep telling myself  "The cord comes out of the left".....
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back