The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #271 of 1,323
Quote:
I've gotta say, the 1350 is sensitive enough, the E5 seems to be more than enough amp for me. The output is buffered, so there is more than sufficient current. It's flat (there is a tad bit of bass roll off), has an incredibly low output impedance and really sounds great. Nwavguy tested it, and it performed better than the E6. It would seem that the early E5 had a CMOS based opamp. I took mine apart and it's definitely not CMOS based. It certainly outperforms any CMOY, and I really think it is all you need for the 1350.

Thanks for the info.  I can get my hands on a CMOY to play with, and for the $20-$25 I'll probably just order an E5 to play with as well.  I'll probably just drive myself nuts listening for differences (and not getting work done!)

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #272 of 1,323
Add me to this group!!! This is my first professional(?) headphone I have owned and the differences are stark. I was able to get them on clearance at Best Buy and no matter how much I act like I want to replace them, I keep coming back.

I run them straight from my iPhone 5 and find that I like them better on the louder volumes, they don't sound "full" enough for me at lower volumes. However, I had a chance to double amp and run a L3 (through 30-pin adapter) to a Fiio e11 and e12 and WOW!!!

I liked the e11 better because of the 2nd level switch for bass, but either way it was a great sound. I only went away from it because of the bulk.

I hope this helps someone else.

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #273 of 1,323
Quote:
Add me to this group!!! This is my first professional(?) headphone I have owned and the differences are stark. I was able to get them on clearance at Best Buy and no matter how much I act like I want to replace them, I keep coming back.

I run them straight from my iPhone 5 and find that I like them better on the louder volumes, they don't sound "full" enough for me at lower volumes. However, I had a chance to double amp and run a L3 (through 30-pin adapter) to a Fiio e11 and e12 and WOW!!!

I liked the e11 better because of the 2nd level switch for bass, but either way it was a great sound. I only went away from it because of the bulk.

I hope this helps someone else.

Can I ask you? How much were they on clearance at Best Buy?

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #274 of 1,323
I was able to get them for 190; the Best Buy in my city is closing their music store. I have been told by another employee the headphones should not have been on clearance - it's difficult to say what's what now.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #275 of 1,323
Add me as well!
I got the T5P's three weeks ago and love them so much I thought I would get their siblings for outside/coffee shop use. Purchased them today from my local store but they will be in tomorrow as they had to re-stock from their wearhouse.
I paid $249 which is the cheapest I have seen in Canada, could have saved a few bucks buying them from the States but by the time shipping and customs is taken into account they would have ended up costing more. Plus I like to shop local when I can!

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #277 of 1,323
Picked mine up today and very impressed right out of the box. Found it really easy to find the sweet spot on the ear and find them super comfortable and great at isolating external noise.

Really well made, they feel made to last. Warmer sounding a less detailed than my T5P's but that is actually a benefit I feel for the use they will be give which is right out of my HM-801 when I am out and about in coffee shops and such.

In three short weeks I have gone from never owning a Beyerdynamic headphone to owning two!

A quick shot of my set up!

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #280 of 1,323
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #281 of 1,323
Quote:
Picked mine up today and very impressed right out of the box. Found it really easy to find the sweet spot on the ear and find them super comfortable and great at isolating external noise.

Really well made, they feel made to last. Warmer sounding a less detailed than my T5P's but that is actually a benefit I feel for the use they will be give which is right out of my HM-801 when I am out and about in coffee shops and such.

In three short weeks I have gone from never owning a Beyerdynamic headphone to owning two!

A quick shot of my set up!

Tubes!!!!!

I've seen this amp several time, but never can seem to see the name of it.  Could you share the make?

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #282 of 1,323
Sure! Its the Analog Squared Paper TU-05. It's Single Ended Triode Class A tube amp and the beyer's sound wonderful out of it. I have been tube rolling for a few months. I got yesterday the ultra rare made ing Great Britain Marconi's that you see in the picture, they are paired with early D getter Siemens and the sound is wonderful. I should have a set of early D getter Telefunken's arriving in the next day or so as well

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #283 of 1,323
I have just started a thread in the High End section of the forum for all those who love Beyerdynamics Tesla Technology, I thought it would be great to embrace in one place all the Tesla models as i feel the technology is High end no matter which models we own! So hope on over and join in, lets show those high end Johhnies us Tesla fans have a rightful place in their high end club :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/660347/beyerdynamic-tesla-appreciation-society

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #284 of 1,323
Quote:
Sure! Its the Analog Squared Paper TU-05. It's Single Ended Triode Class A tube amp and the beyer's sound wonderful out of it. I have been tube rolling for a few months. I got yesterday the ultra rare made ing Great Britain Marconi's that you see in the picture, they are paired with early D getter Siemens and the sound is wonderful. I should have a set of early D getter Telefunken's arriving in the next day or so as well

Thanks for sharing.  Sorry to derail the tread but I had to ask....

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #285 of 1,323
I wear glasses, and it really hurts to wear this little beast from beyer.
I can hardly wear it for more than an hour.
HOWEVER, they sound great! very open and detail!

Just wonder if anyone knows anyway to improve the comfort of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back