The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Oct 24, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #226 of 1,323
Quote:

Some people do have problems with it...you can very gently stretch the headband a little, but otherwise it will become a little less clampy over time. 

And the earpads will soften up.  I think that's the #1 thing that has helped with comfort over time.  Comfort started off as a problem, but has really become a non-issue.  I was worried about this since my Grado's never stopped hurting my ears regardless of how soft the foam pads became.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #227 of 1,323
Quote:

And the earpads will soften up.  I think that's the #1 thing that has helped with comfort over time.  Comfort started off as a problem, but has really become a non-issue.  I was worried about this since my Grado's never stopped hurting my ears regardless of how soft the foam pads became.

I love the earpads on these things...my ears never get hot at all. They stay nice and cool. I can't stand it when I have headphones that feel like someone is holding heaters on my head like what happened with the Sennheiser 518s. AFter like ten or fifteen mins they just got to the point where I was nearly sweating....I hated that feeling. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #228 of 1,323
I am loving mine.Using an ALO National. Just fine without an amp plugged to an iphone or ipad but the amp provides a little more punch. I listen to all genres and the bass is there. Solid and not overpowering.

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #229 of 1,323
Hey guys,

I know this a really unfair comparison, but how much difference in sound is there between the DT1350 and the T5p? I listen primarily to heavy metal and rock, will the T5p be a LOT more enjoyable for those genres than the T5p? I'm debating if I want on-ear or over-ear at the moment.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #230 of 1,323
Quote:
Hey guys,

I know this a really unfair comparison, but how much difference in sound is there between the DT1350 and the T5p? I listen primarily to heavy metal and rock, will the T5p be a LOT more enjoyable for those genres than the T5p? I'm debating if I want on-ear or over-ear at the moment.

If it is music enjoyment on the GO and for transportable reasons the DT-1350 is all you need! I enjoy listening to music on the DT-1350 just as much as I do listening through the T5p. The T5p stays at home and the DT-1350 is always in my bag and comes with me to the office. The biggest difference to me is how well they scale up with better sources+amps. The DT-1350 does become better with better amplification but the T5p is more transperrant and will show a big difference between iPhone HP-out and if you add an amplifier in between. 

The signature in the two is not far from eachother. The DT-1350 has a more boomy bass and smaller soundstage. When it comes to wearing comfort the T5p is the best Beyerdynamic has at the moment - if you like soft leather pads compared to the T1 microfiber. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #231 of 1,323
Quote:
The biggest difference to me is how well they scale up with better sources+amps.

I've found that true to an extent.  I LOVE my 1350s with my Audinst HUD-mx1.

That said, from my experience so far they are a pretty bad match with the Schiit Asgard.  The synergy between the two just feels off in more ways than one.  Sucked out mids, lack of energy, etc.  It sounds passable, but only when you really crank the volume.

I wonder if there's something in the specs between the amp and headphones that could have prediced a poor match between the two. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #233 of 1,323
If it is music enjoyment on the GO and for transportable reasons the DT-1350 is all you need! I enjoy listening to music on the DT-1350 just as much as I do listening through the T5p. The T5p stays at home and the DT-1350 is always in my bag and comes with me to the office. The biggest difference to me is how well they scale up with better sources+amps. The DT-1350 does become better with better amplification but the T5p is more transperrant and will show a big difference between iPhone HP-out and if you add an amplifier in between. 

The signature in the two is not far from eachother. The DT-1350 has a more boomy bass and smaller soundstage. When it comes to wearing comfort the T5p is the best Beyerdynamic has at the moment - if you like soft leather pads compared to the T1 microfiber. 

Do you think the boomier bass and more close-up sound of the DT-1350 (because of less soundstage) makes it more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal, or does the resolution, clarity, and refinement of the T5p make it more enjoyable for those genres? Overall, without counting the size difference between the two, which do you find more more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal?

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #234 of 1,323
Quote:
Do you think the boomier bass and more close-up sound of the DT-1350 (because of less soundstage) makes it more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal, or does the resolution, clarity, and refinement of the T5p make it more enjoyable for those genres? Overall, without counting the size difference between the two, which do you find more more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal?

I rarely listen to rock/metal. According to some users the T5p does not have enough bass impact to satisfy them. For me it has plenty. I like how I can feel the bass impact in the headphones - liek with the T1. Also the resolution is better with T5p. When listening with DT-1350 I do not miss anything though. When listening to T5p voices are "floating in the air" and it is only surrounded by AIR where with DT-1350 everything is not seperated the same way. This is only heard when A/B comparing them. If I only had the DT-1350 I would enjoy them just as much. 

Now I do not know what you are looking for? Are you looking for excuses NOT to buy T5p and stay with the DT-1350 (this is the DT-1350 fan-club) or are you looking for excuses to upgrade to T5p? I can give you plenty reasons to opt for both decisions 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #235 of 1,323
Quote:
I rarely listen to rock/metal. According to some users the T5p does not have enough bass impact to satisfy them. For me it has plenty. I like how I can feel the bass impact in the headphones - liek with the T1. Also the resolution is better with T5p. When listening with DT-1350 I do not miss anything though. When listening to T5p voices are "floating in the air" and it is only surrounded by AIR where with DT-1350 everything is not seperated the same way. This is only heard when A/B comparing them. If I only had the DT-1350 I would enjoy them just as much. 

Now I do not know what you are looking for? Are you looking for excuses NOT to buy T5p and stay with the DT-1350 (this is the DT-1350 fan-club) or are you looking for excuses to upgrade to T5p? I can give you plenty reasons to opt for both decisions 
normal_smile%20.gif

well... If there is a small difference between the two, I would rather go with the dt1350, but if there's a big difference in sound between the two, I am willing to get the T5p. I just want to know how much of a difference were talking here.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #236 of 1,323
Quote:
well... If there is a small difference between the two, I would rather go with the dt1350, but if there's a big difference in sound between the two, I am willing to get the T5p. I just want to know how much of a difference were talking here.

That is very difficult to answer in a world where everything is relative. But you probably already know that you have to pay double price for the extra 5%. There is a big difference between T5p and DT-1350 if you ask me. Depending on your sources and amplifiers you will get more sound value from a T5p if your existing gear is at the same or better level. If you have a chance you should try the T5p and give it a listen first. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #237 of 1,323
Quote:
That is very difficult to answer in a world where everything is relative. But you probably already know that you have to pay double price for the extra 5%. There is a big difference between T5p and DT-1350 if you ask me. Depending on your sources and amplifiers you will get more sound value from a T5p if your existing gear is at the same or better level. If you have a chance you should try the T5p and give it a listen first. 

Yeah, I'll try to test them out before buying. Do you have any other recommendations for closed headphones for rock/metal, perhaps one that might suit me better than the beyers?

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #238 of 1,323
Just added the DT1350's to my collection.  These cans are stellar and I'm happy to be a fan!

My full decision making process, post#179

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632255/portable-iem-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op/165#post_8863970

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #239 of 1,323
DT1350 + Bottlehead Crack + Wyred4Sound UDac + Pandora = BEAUTIFUL SYNERGY!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back