The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Aug 31, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,006 of 1,323
I'm using a pre-facelift pair, and I'm just wondering if the sonic attributes changed somewhat after the facelift. Can anybody who has both confirm that.

I own the original version, a friend has the facelift. No discernible difference to me, especially since I got the larger pads which were originally available as an accessory. Getting a good seal is key, that may make comparisons a bit difficult I guess.

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,007 of 1,323
Thanks to all for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps it just doesn't work for you.
It could also be that the ear positioning that you are using isn't optimal for you or the voice coil leads are too close together inside and you will have to separate them.  The deal with the leads happens to T50p as well.

Try sliding the ear cups back on your ears, maybe half an inch or so.  That seems to be the general "sweet spot" for best listening.  Also try spreading out the head band a bit.  For me that leads to a better seal around the pads...

I have experimented with the positioning extensively in the past week to find the "sweet spot."  I have experienced other on ear headphones where this was an issue.  I think I can say now that I have found that the best placement still provides an unsatisfactory sound signature with mids and highs so far back that on some tracks I can barely detect them.  I was unaware of the possibility that the voice coil leads may need to be adjusted...at this stage I am not inclined to disassemble the headphones and check this out.  I have contacted Beyer to see if there are any other options.  I am not shy about taking these apart as I have modded some headphones previously (Martin Logan Mikros 90, Sony MDR 7506, and Fostex)...just thought I should wait until Beyer weighs in...don't want to void the warranty.  I have used them with my JDS C5 and Fiio E11 amps, and played with the EQ on all my devices, but not found a satisfactory solution.  I have other mid to high price (at least for me they were high price) headphones (AKG 7XX, B&W P7, Beoplay H6, etc.) so I think I had a pretty good idea what to expect from my research on this site and others...I have never been this far off mark.

Quote:

Just one more interesting thought IMO;

While my experience regarding the "dark sound" thing was similar to yours, I`ve read various criticism of these headphones that vary to other extremes.
For example I remember one unsatisfied user complained that these headphones "lived in the mids".

Other folks hear overly prominent highs.

All this along with my personal experience has led me to the conclusion that fitting these properly can be downright dificult.
Of course, this may also lead you to wonder if you are hearing them properly or if you just don`like their sound.

Because these have been reviewed in highly reverent tones by Jude and Tyll, (almost in the sort of manner a 13 year old girl may carry on about Justin Bieber
tongue.gif
 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYtnXOFAkQ) your doubts may not be easy to resolve.

Good luck!

I like your remark about the 13 year-old girls, and the gushing reviews offered by some of the mavens of the community...that is why I am leaning toward the idea that there is some hidden defect in my pair that Beyer may wish to address.  If not, I am prepared to face the fact that the sound signature of these headphone is not for me.

Sep 5, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,008 of 1,323
Just the leads going from the coil to the PCB where the cable is connected, not the coil itself.  They're within easy reach if you decide to try it and open up each cup.  Just use a toothpick or something that isn't sharp to move them away from each other and you're set.

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #1,009 of 1,323
  Just the leads going from the coil to the PCB where the cable is connected, not the coil itself.  They're within easy reach if you decide to try it and open up each cup.  Just use a toothpick or something that isn't sharp to move them away from each other and you're set.

The pads are held in place with double stick tape if I recall.  Do you know if  it is reusable once they are removed or do I need to have some ready to re-attach the pads.  I may get brave enough to give this a try...
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,010 of 1,323
The pads can be reattached without anything extra.  T50p's are the same.

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #1,012 of 1,323
  I just bought a brand new pair of DT1350 for my portable use as I can't use IEMs.

Congrats! Excellent choice :)  I'm the same way with iEMs. I've tried and tried, but I just can't stand having something stuck in my ear. I've found a couple IEMs I do really like, but I only use them when I'm out and about and only for a limited amount of time. 

Enjoy those German beauties 
beerchug.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,013 of 1,323
  I just bought a brand new pair of DT1350 for my portable use as I can't use IEMs.

I am curious to know how you find the 1350's compared to your other headphones, especially the 990's.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #1,015 of 1,323
  I have owned a lot of Beyers in my life, DT150, DT250, DT770, DT880, DT990 and T1. I'll compare the DT1350 to the likes of the other Beyers when I receive it.

Great...thanks.  Looking forward to your review of the 1350's.  Cheers.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #1,016 of 1,323
Bout to join the club!

Ordered a refurb yesterday. Hoping this will become the closed portable I've been looking for! Went the PortaPro route, then HD25 route, and most recently, the amperiors route but none of them stayed. Will this grado head find his fix in the little Beyer that could?!

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,017 of 1,323
Focuscamera strikes again.

http://www.focuscamera.com/beyerdynamic-t1-audiophile-stereo-headphones.html?utm_campaign=cj_affiliate_sale&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj_Slickdeals+LLC&utm_content=1225267&utm_term=11133683

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,018 of 1,323
This isn't the T1 thread.

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #1,019 of 1,323
  Focuscamera strikes again.

http://www.focuscamera.com/beyerdynamic-t1-audiophile-stereo-headphones.html?utm_campaign=cj_affiliate_sale&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj_Slickdeals+LLC&utm_content=1225267&utm_term=11133683

Check the T1 thread, there's a V2 out now.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,020 of 1,323
My apologies. We were discussing about both 1350 and T1 recently and since I saw the offer, I updated it on both threads. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back