The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Feb 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #586 of 1,323

The only thing I can think of that might help you is to try another model.  The Martin Logan 90 is very similar to the DT1350 and it is mostly made out of leather and metal.   Perhaps those materials will hold up better in the Philippines.

Cool. Nice to know some alternative thanks! However my money is reserved for the upcoming HE400i. :D

Have wood cups made.  I had mine modded to opened-backs. 

A very nice looking HP indeed! However, still not convinced for the mod as the sound may change drastically plus don't think I have the budget for it. How much did it cost you anyway if you don't mind? :)

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #587 of 1,323

Cool. Nice to know some alternative thanks! However my money is reserved for the upcoming HE400i. :D

A very nice looking HP indeed! However, still not convinced for the mod as the sound may change drastically plus don't think I have the budget for it. How much did it cost you anyway if you don't mind? :)

The sound is by leaps and bounds better than the stock 1350.  Soundstage is wider and taller, highs are given more air and bass has been made tighter albeit weaker.  Mids shine!

This mod costs me about Php 2,600 (USD 60.00).  

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #588 of 1,323
I've been noticing with my dt1350's that vocals in a lot of songs seem off center and slightly to the right. I'm just wondering if this would be due to bad driver matching or could it possibly be a driver wired out of phase?

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #589 of 1,323
  I've been noticing with my dt1350's that vocals in a lot of songs seem off center and slightly to the right. I'm just wondering if this would be due to bad driver matching or could it possibly be a driver wired out of phase?

I experience no such issue with my 1350s.  Even had 'em opened.

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #590 of 1,323

I experience no such issue with my 1350s.  Even had 'em opened.

I love your modded 1350s.  Let me know if you ever want to sell them...or if your audio club members would be willing to make another one just for the hell of it.

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #591 of 1,323
  I love your modded 1350s.  Let me know if you ever want to sell them...or if your audio club members would be willing to make another one just for the hell of it.

I am planning to make another wood mod.  If it turns out okay, I may consider selling the 1350.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #592 of 1,323
I am planning to make another wood mod.  If it turns out okay, I may consider selling the 1350.

:)

Then I hope it turns out really good.:beerchug:

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #593 of 1,323
Played around with my cans some more and found out the vocal imbalance is actually to do with the earpad positioning on my ears. The pads dont seem to like my big ears too much so it takes a few seconds of adjusting to get it right. Other than that small issue i'm really loving the isolation and sound of them. Even tho its not a bass heavy can for some reason i'm really diggin the bass!

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #594 of 1,323
Even tho its not a bass heavy can for some reason i'm really diggin the bass!

Yes, the bass is definitely one of their strong points... amazingly deep and well structured.
And yes: they are quite sensitive to the position on the ear.

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #595 of 1,323
Yeah was thinking getting a second pair (facelift) but after hearing the base is worse decided to get the original on ebay.

I also prefer the headband styling compared to the facelift.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #597 of 1,323
The only changes were the pads (the facelift version comes with the larger pads that were available as an accessory for the original DT1350), the changed headband and the cups that are now dark. The pads seal just as well as the older, smaller ones once they got some usage (in my case about 2 weeks).

If you got the older version a bit cheaper that might still be worth it. Regarding the driver etc. they are the same. In my experience all new DT1350 pads are rather stiff and therefore don't seal that well.

Mar 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #598 of 1,323
The only changes were the pads (the facelift version comes with the larger pads that were available as an accessory for the original DT1350), the changed headband and the cups that are now dark. The pads seal just as well as the older, smaller ones once they got some usage (in my case about 2 weeks).

If you got the older version a bit cheaper that might still be worth it. Regarding the driver etc. they are the same. In my experience all new DT1350 pads are rather stiff and therefore don't seal that well.o

Do you notice any difference in the clamping force between the facelift and previous models?

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #599 of 1,323
Do you notice any difference in the clamping force between the facelift and previous models?

Tested both and found the angling of the cups during fitting  may have something to do with the perceived clamping pressure.  But according to most people here, the facelift edition has less force applied to the side of our skull.  I didn't feel much difference between the two though.

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #600 of 1,323
Really been digging the sound of the dt1350's, seems to be getting better and better with burn in. Just wondering if beyerdynamic makes an over ear model with a similar sound signature?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back