The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Oct 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #452 of 1,323
  So I've been enjoying my 1350's for a couple years now. 
They still amaze me with their well rounded, punchy sound.
I'm using them primarily when traveling with an ipod classic, lossless and an RSA portable amp.

Yesterday I noticed that one of the caps had fallen off a cup.
Oddly, the surface below had the same Beyer name embossed.

Is the outer cover merely cosmetic?
Does it affect sound?

It's applied with double sided sticky tape that is loosing it's stickiness, it won't stay on anymore.

Should I replace? Does this matter?

Anyone else deal with this?

a bit late I know but......exactly the same thing happened to mine.
send an email, or better ring Beyer in US, or if they can't help,Germany.
They posted me two for free!
Superb service

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #453 of 1,323
Quote:
  Just ordered my pair today, could be in as early as Thursday. I can't wait!
  When you get them really pay attention to fit and how they seal around your ears. If you don't have a good seal they'll sound tinny. The first day I had them i had issues because I hadn't figured out the proper positioning for optimal seal. When you finally get them feel free to come back and post your impressions.

Hi View, yes they do surely have a sweet spot. I found the way for me was to turn on the tv or whatever and fit the phones untill the background noise is minimalised in either ear with the phones being unpowered. When the background noise is minimalised turn on the power........and there you go. Thats the sweet spot, after a while the positionong becomes automatic.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #455 of 1,323
Another trick is to hum. When your hum starts to create more resonance inside your head and sound muffled, you got it. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #457 of 1,323
  Another trick is to hum. When your hum starts to create more resonance inside your head and sound muffled, you got it.

Hi Origin, I tried humming and it surely works! I had to wait till I was alone though:)
To demonstrate how well they do seal:  When they are in the sweet spot,  push both cans inward with one finger each,  press them to the ears the bass will not inprove. They seal really well.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #461 of 1,323
Anyone see reduced prices on the dt1350 (non-facelift)? The lowest i've seen is $180 for the classic model... add $35 for the nubuck (mistranslated as velour, apparently) pads and i've got a facelift minus the coiled cable and revised headband padding.

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #462 of 1,323
  Thoughts on perhaps modding the Momentum On-Ear pads on the DT1350?

Was thinking that the 1350's "upgrade" has modified/bigger pads. Maybe ordering them as parts would be a solution, The headband cushion upgrade may also be available and they will both be a perfect retrofit. If anyone finds them a link would be cool.

Cheers

Nov 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #463 of 1,323
  does anybody here wearing glasses? i kinda feel a bit painful using this when i am also wearing my glasses :frowning2:

Any trick?

I wear glasses. There's a couple different things I can do to improve comfort. One is to actually rest your glasses above the cups rather than under them, if that makes sense. It might not work depending on what kind of glasses you have but for mine it works OK because of how small the 1350's cups are.

The other thing I've noticed improves comfort with glasses is to wear them further back on your ear as has been discussed in this thread. Like this:

It improves comfort when wearing glasses, and in general, and seals a little bit better that way.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #464 of 1,323
people gonna love this t51p....been comparing lately with my lovely DT1350...

My simple short impression:
Treble - DT1350 extends more, sounds a bit more crisp in comparison, but to me DT1350 still not a bright can. T51p is smoother, a bit more tamed down, but treble energy still there and never felt like loosing it. Both is accurate enough performing the note, but seems DT1350 is a tad more accurate to my ears, but t51p is very good as well.
MIDS - i started to like t51p more than my DT1350. Their sound seems like thicker, mellower, more lush with better bodied than DT1350. Listening to Jazz song..such a pleasant.
Bass - T51P extend better, more quantity, better impact and it goes deep when needed. 
Sound staging - as supra aural cans - t51p is very good, i feel like is more spacious than dt1350, not much, but i can notice that - the sound is "bigger"
Detail / Clarity - DT1350 could be just a tad more detail due to the more extended highs, but detail on both is very nice, no problem at all catching up all details in sound.

So far, not sure which one to love more...but when amped, i might think the DT1350 can handle better than t51p, but not sure yet. still under my testing. Easier to say..i just love both, i think they complement each other alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back