The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Jan 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #526 of 1,323
[COLOR=333333]I know I am going to generate many an irate response from among the headfi members in saying this, but the stock DT1350 whilst great has that tunnel-like soundstage. I didn't really like that as I have grown accustomed to the T1 and Hd800 at home.

Th[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]is wood mod eliminated that tunnel-sound. It renders a wider soundstage with greatest improvement in the treble presentation. Highs are very well-extended, full and has that body you typically find in higher-end and more expensive cans. And the bass while lessened in quantity with the opened back, has that natural decay that I love in 1350's bigger cousin, the T1.

All told, the signature deep bass of the 1350 is still there but only lesser in quantity. The highs are given the much needed extension and body sans the closed chamber reverb. Mids remain largely unchanged (at least that's my half-hour listening impression).[/COLOR]

Looks like you created a baby T1.
:beerchug:

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #527 of 1,323
Looks like you created a baby T1.
beerchug.gif

Not quite.  More like a cross between a DT990 and an HD25.

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #530 of 1,323

I know I am going to generate many an irate response from among the headfi members in saying this, but the stock DT1350 whilst great has that tunnel-like soundstage. I didn't really like that as I have grown accustomed to the T1 and Hd800 at home.

Th
is wood mod eliminated that tunnel-sound. It renders a wider soundstage with greatest improvement in the treble presentation. Highs are very well-extended, full and has that body you typically find in higher-end and more expensive cans. And the bass while lessened in quantity with the opened back, has that natural decay that I love in 1350's bigger cousin, the T1.

All told, the signature deep bass of the 1350 is still there but only lesser in quantity. The highs are given the much needed extension and body sans the closed chamber reverb. Mids remain largely unchanged (at least that's my half-hour listening impression).

My jaw is dropping...

Sounds heavenly...there is the fact, though, that I use these for portable use which means the sound isolation is pretty necessary.  

Would absolutely love to hear an open-back version.

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #531 of 1,323
  My jaw is dropping...

Sounds heavenly...there is the fact, though, that I use these for portable use which means the sound isolation is pretty necessary.  

Would absolutely love to hear an open-back version.

:)  

They are now heavenly, especially so after I switched pleather to velour.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #532 of 1,323
I just got a new one from Amazon and confirmed that it is indeed the facelifted version. However, I'm not hearing much clarity as compared to the Amperior. Anybody has the same experience?

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #534 of 1,323
  I just got a new one from Amazon and confirmed that it is indeed the facelifted version. However, I'm not hearing much clarity as compared to the Amperior. Anybody has the same experience?

I think the Amperior has a bit more forward presentation of mids/highs.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #537 of 1,323
Well, this is now officially the first headphone I've purchased twice. I bought my first pair about two years ago and immediately fell in love. Although I have higher end headphones at home to enjoy, these are absolutely perfect for the road or just when I want convenient portable listening. My first pair is still in perfect shape, but I was very surpirsed when I saw that the current price was down to $170. When I saw that the image on the Amazon site was for the facelift version, and that it is confirmed both here and among the amazon reviewers over the past month that it is in fact the facelift, it was a no-brainer for me. These offer me everything I could want in a portable headphone and they will continue to be my go-to cans for the road for a long time to come. 

I ordered a pair of Amperiors about 9 mo ago cause I knew I wanted a second portable option since my first pair of 1350s were receiving so much use, but even though I do like how the Amperiors sound, they are a step below the Beyers and I just can't handle the design of those things anymore. I'm much happier just ordering another pair of the headphone that is a proven winner to my ears and allow my first pair to lighten its load a bit. 

Happy listening. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #538 of 1,323
Interesting the aluminum amp's to some are better than the 1350's, Tyell seemed to like them better that the 1350 for a review he recently did and he really liked the 1350's.

I would like to hear them for myself but I cant think of parting with the 1350's....

Alex

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #539 of 1,323
  Interesting the aluminum amp's to some are better than the 1350's, Tyell seemed to like them better that the 1350 for a review he recently did and he really liked the 1350's.

I would like to hear them for myself but I cant think of parting with the 1350's....

Alex

They sound pretty good, but the bass isn't nearly as clean as the 1350s. The cable is very thin and fragile, and both pairs I ordered have an ear cup that never stays in place...it slides up and down on the "bumps" and it's a pain in the arse to keep it in place when putting them on my head. I may be in the minority, but ergonomically I hate them lol. That being said, I think the price is way, way down to like $130 or something....at that price point there is more to like than to dislike. I just happen to prefer the 1350s by a significant margin, so the Amperiors dont get much attention anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back