The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Dec 15, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #3,361 of 4,308
The vintage stuff and old recordings like 80s goes well with the dt 48 imo.

If you like a fundamental block of reality the dt 48 is aimed towards that.

Its detail imo is up there with the hd 800 and the person who did that eq would have no problems, it is to counteract that roll off 100%.

Metal i know of cup coloarations the dt 48 has been extremely well designed for the tone the delivery of the sound is how i like it it strengths are the mids and excels at low level detail, the pitches sound etc metal is the best and the density of metal is the best, the least colouration metal is the best but not far off and acceptable of being colourless, the secret is bold and when you learn to accept that you won't mind the dt 48.

Science wise it puts all of it in the mids and details transparency as best it can so it is future proof, cup wise it has the best balanced not too airy not too spacious etc perfect like a magnet.

The t1 has the soundstage and stricty speaking i would choose the t1 more but i know the dt 48 design off by heart, this is ultra high end stuff the stuff i come to swear by.

the t1 has gotten the secret of the perfect soundstage correct and knowing about the bass the t1 has gotten this one perfectly correct as watsuki pointed out to me and i know this.

Field recording it is all mids but takes it a step further with details the signature of the dt48 is like a sharp but correct microscope other headphones like t1 hd 800 hd 650 etc they are not a sharp microscope, i am a detail resolution transparency bland but not boring for me when you know the secret, its like you like this ice cream over that one but when you learn to know the secret you will love all things and bland reality the building block imo is the way to go.

This sharp microcope design is in the way the dt 48 delivers sound, does the hd 800 t1 sound like this.

If the t1 has done the perfect sound pressure soundstage like the dt 48 i will get it, i like the meaty body of bass as long as it goes along with this secret and i wanted it to match field recording so it would be suited to a live concert and with this it is more dynamicly lifelike.

If you learn the secret you would be one hell of an inventor like nikola tesla but truthfully i believe no one has invented anything to put mildly.

When i listen to the dt 48 i think about everything, your audio gear voltages advanced truthful signatures audiophile stuff and in utterance that eq and building headphones go very well if a headphone can change form you will understand but it can't i am afraid.

If you do that eq with re building the dt 48 it is suited for the perfect sub woofer enchancement but correct and won't mess with the sound, it is slanted like truthful angle drivers \ .

Knowing that it is all designed to help the roll off perfectly.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #3,364 of 4,308
Read HolyLucifer's post numerous times, lol. I think I do agree with him that the DT48 is not easy to understand and appreciate but once you do, it will open your ears. He mentioned that the T1 is better on that I would love that to be true but I dont buy that.. What I want to know is his perfect setup with the DT48, mine are with vintage amps. Also which DT48 model does he own. I have the Nagra DT48S @5ohms, DT48A @5ohms and 2 DT48E vintage @ 25ohms so most of them except the New DT48E, which i'm hoping to audition during my holiday break.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #3,365 of 4,308
This is Head-Fi not secret set-up-Fi. If you are full of how good your audio set up is, show and share.

Given I have to get rid of the unnecessary headphones I can finally put some serious work into the source and amplifier. For now the set up is satisfactory...

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #3,366 of 4,308

Quote:
This is Head-Fi not secret set-up-Fi. If you are full of how good your audio set up is, show and share.

Given I have to get rid of the unnecessary headphones I can finally put some serious work into the source and amplifier. For now the set up is satisfactory...

I already did bro, with picture too. Or did you mean HolyLucifer, lol.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #3,368 of 4,308

Quote:
Hold your horses, the DT48E 25Ω Vintage sounds best from a mosfet amp, without the need for the impedance adapter.

Also have solved the bass issue, I stuffed the ear pad cavity with Beats Solo ear pads, maybe the PX100 ear pads could fit well too. The clarity of the midrange is still unchanged even though the bass has better extension and not recessed any more. So it is a case of not getting a good seal.

Also tried them from a Burson HA160D a Heed and the WA6SE, all could drive the DT48 E/A/S well. But the cheapest solution I have is running from my Indeed G2 hybrid mosfet amp.

I'm having a lot of problems with the bass on the right side of my dt48, so I think it may be the seal... either that or a blown driver. Did you have to remove the inner dt48 pads to get the Beats pads in there? Or do you put the beats pads right on top of the inner pads?

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #3,369 of 4,308

Quote:

I'm having a lot of problems with the bass on the right side of my dt48, so I think it may be the seal... either that or a blown driver. Did you have to remove the inner dt48 pads to get the Beats pads in there? Or do you put the beats pads right on top of the inner pads?

I stuffed the HD Solo pads right inside them, but you could try some other pads like the new DT48 E pads, those are surely going to work.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #3,370 of 4,308

Quote:

I stuffed the HD Solo pads right inside them, but you could try some other pads like the new DT48 E pads, those are surely going to work.

I already have new dt48 pads on them, but the seal still may not be ideal. I can tell that the fit on the right ear is not the same as on the left. I think the outer ear doesn't make full contact with the inner seal. Maybe the solo pads will do the trick. I'd hate to have to get rid of the dt48, and I can't sell them in good conscience if there's something damaged. But if the driver was bad, wouldn't the mids and highs be affected along with the bass? It's only the bass that's very weak on the right side, the other frequencies are fine. Are these the right pads? http://www.amazon.com/Black-BeatsTM-SoloTM-StudioTM-Headphones/dp/B006JDNSNI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324447278&sr=8-4  Sure hope this does the trick, because I DO like the dt48. It's one of my main references for midrange accuracy...along with the k240DF.  

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #3,371 of 4,308

Quote:
I already have new dt48 pads on them, but the seal still may not be ideal. I can tell that the fit on the right ear is not the same as on the left. I think the outer ear doesn't make full contact with the inner seal. Maybe the solo pads will do the trick. I'd hate to have to get rid of the dt48, and I can't sell them in good conscience if there's something damaged. But if the driver was bad, wouldn't the mids and highs be affected along with the bass? It's only the bass that's very weak on the right side, the other frequencies are fine. Are these the right pads? http://www.amazon.com/Black-BeatsTM-SoloTM-StudioTM-Headphones/dp/B006JDNSNI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324447278&sr=8-4  Sure hope this does the trick, because I DO like the dt48. It's one of my main references for midrange accuracy...along with the k240DF.  

Yes they are the right pads, they should be stuffed into the cavity of the E pads and you would be having on ears instead of around ears, It will definitely solve the problem of sealing as the pads are soft like pillows and conform onto the outer ear.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #3,372 of 4,308
I have finally received the Audio-gd Ref 7.1 and I have been playing with different settings in the last days.

I am so glad I have the DT48A, because I can hear clearly through them changes in different settings like upsampling/no upsampling, choosing from different upsampling methods, activate/desactive some of the DSP1 parameters... It is that much resolving.

By the way, I think I have now the Ref 7.1 sound where I wanted it... Brilliant.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #3,374 of 4,308
KBI did compare them to a HD800 several times, some other's did as well (just google "DT48 HD800"). They should be similiar, but the problem is that with the roll off on both sides of the frequency graph it's hard to say whether the superiority/equality of the HD800 is real or only faked by using more pronounciated highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back