The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Nov 13, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #3,288 of 4,308
I do have very little time to post those days... Still in the making of an extensive comparison DT48A vs HD250 II which will take me some more time. It's not an easy pick between both. But it just show how much con be achieved for just a couple hundred dollars.

The HD250 II has the best low end I ever experienced and in this sense, it is quite a contrast compared to the DT48A (from 70Hz and below). Not bloated, just crazy clean extension (goes down to 20Hz with ease) and resolution (fantastic texture), with results in the lower range that are very recording dependant. I am using an Oyaide cable (for HD6X0 family) to enhance the resolution power of the HD250 II, which to my ears goes now even further than my DT48A (amazing midrange resolution).

The DT48A do not get much head time those days
redface.gif

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #3,290 of 4,308
I would say I enjoy both equally at the moment even though the HD250 II is getting more head time. I just want to get really used to its presentation and signature before going back to the DT48A, to kind of feel again like the first time
biggrin.gif

Both are indredibly transparent to what you feed them with and I would imagine it is possible to fine tune to one's personal taste easily.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #3,291 of 4,308
On a side note, I find a bit shocking all the talk recently regarding FR manufacturing variances (sometimes large) in very high end headphones (LCD3, LCD2, T1 - evidence at Tyll's site, HD800 with individual graphs provided).

I find it hard to explain when the veteran DT48A drivers are hand matched within 1dB since already a few decades with no variances reported whatsoever
eek.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3,292 of 4,308
Quote:
On a side note, I find a bit shocking all the talk recently regarding FR manufacturing variances (sometimes large) in very high end headphones (LCD3, LCD2, T1 - evidence at Tyll's site, HD800 with individual graphs provided).

I find it hard to explain when the veteran DT48A drivers are hand matched within 1dB since already a few decades with no variances reported whatsoever
eek.gif

I have to fix my DT48A-5, just to find out...

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #3,293 of 4,308

Quote:
What does this sound like on your dt 48s should be nice since i know the intention of the dt48 this music would go extremely well with the dt 48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAd9F6p4kS0&feature=related .

Awesome, in a word.  Using the newer oval earpads, there are some prodigious deep bass impacts in that track.   There isn't as heavy an impact as most headphones - not nearly as much in fact.  But they are there, and the overall sound is spectacular.  The DT48 soundstage does not seem to go wide, but there seems to be good depth, so you do get a sense of space in recordings that have it.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #3,294 of 4,308

Quote:

eek.gif

Don't be surprised.  A few years ago I read an article about Nikon DSLR's and how much variance there was in the lenses you buy off the shelf.  So how much that variance means in real use, I don't know.  For headphones, someone should run tests.  I also wouldn't put too much concern on the LCD's (I don't think) since they are rapidly evolving.  Unless you buy two with consecutive serial numbers and they sound very different.  That shouldn't happen unless there's an actual problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back