The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016)
Jan 1, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #106 of 170
I bought byron wired yesterday from jaben and I am happy with my purchase.

The build quality is good, the wire is thick and they look nice.

They sound good too. Bass is boosted but it does not bleed into other frequencies. Its a big bass but quite tight and of enjoyable type.

The mids could be slightly better but they are there and are servicable.

The treble is smooth and extends quite high without getting harsh or sibilant.

For the price there is plenty of clarity and instrument separation but of course this is not a reference IEM. Headstage is also average but enjoyable.

Overall I would say its a very good effort from beyer and a job well done for fine, fun sounding earphones.

I should add that I didnt like the tips that much and I was struggling to get a good seal. I replaced em with spin fit tips and the seal is perfect. The comfort is amazing, they just disappear in ur ears, I can listen for hours woth no discomfort at all.

3 button controls work flawlessly with my Xperia z2, but only middle button works with fiio x1. I see there are no reviews of this so hopefully this simple input would be helpful for someone.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #107 of 170
I bought byron wired yesterday from jaben and I am happy with my purchase.

The build quality is good, the wire is thick and they look nice.

They sound good too. Bass is boosted but it does not bleed into other frequencies. Its a big bass but quite tight and of enjoyable type.

The mids could be slightly better but they are there and are servicable.

The treble is smooth and extends quite high without getting harsh or sibilant.

For the price there is plenty of clarity and instrument separation but of course this is not a reference IEM. Headstage is also average but enjoyable.

Overall I would say its a very good effort from beyer and a job well done for fine, fun sounding earphones.

I should add that I didnt like the tips that much and I was struggling to get a good seal. I replaced em with spin fit tips and the seal is perfect. The comfort is amazing, they just disappear in ur ears, I can listen for hours woth no discomfort at all.

3 button controls work flawlessly with my Xperia z2, but only middle button works with fiio x1. I see there are no reviews of this so hopefully this simple input would be helpful for someone.

Yea, unfortunately there aren't many reviews on this model, i believe mainly it is a phase lift with its previous model MMX101/102, so they isn't any attentions to this model.

In the mean you people can check out review for the predecessor. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #108 of 170
Is there anyone who has the wired Byron headphone who can try them on an iPhone? I'd be interested to know if the controls work, if the mic works, and if there's any difference in sound quality/volume. They apparently only have Android wired remotes, and I've found conflicting reports about the sound quality/volume/functionality that an iPhone user would receive from these.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #109 of 170
  Is there anyone who has the wired Byron headphone who can try them on an iPhone? I'd be interested to know if the controls work, if the mic works, and if there's any difference in sound quality/volume. They apparently only have Android wired remotes, and I've found conflicting reports about the sound quality/volume/functionality that an iPhone user would receive from these.

I do not have Iphone as I am anti Apple stuff but I reckon the audio and middle button would work with it just like earphones with remote controls made for Igadgets work with android devices as far as middle button and audio is concerned. I guess I could try it out in some shop and report back.

Byron wired works great with android devices and middle button works with Fiio X1.

Isn't there a lot of 3 button headsets that you can get for Iphone? For android the choice of such headsets is severely limited and I am glad Beyer introduced this.

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #110 of 170
So far I've been using the iDX160's cause of lack of good bluetooth IEM's, but now I'm seriously thinking about buying the BT's.

How do the BT's compare to the iDX160's regarding sound quality?

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #111 of 170
  I picked up a pair of these on Amazon for around £90 recently, got to say I am very pleased. Once you get a correct seal (as always with in-ears), the sound it surpsingly balanced.  I Went for the BT over the BTA for 2 reasons, cost and I didnt like the idea of the BTA's sound being coloured by DSP.  I'm  happy that I made the right decision.  Work great paired with my laptop using an IP Communicator/hangouts etc and the iphone as audio/handsfree (both devices connect at the same time).  As the above poster mentioned, I love the fact that these stick together magentically so you can hang them around you neck and they stay in place when not in use, nice design.

hey phil. am considering these. Actually the wired version seem a bargain at only 50chf. I got some soundmagic E10's and whilst good, I'm treble brainwashed with my T1s and K3's, lol. Hence the SM's sound a bit like im losing my hearing :)

How are these? Bright enuff?

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #112 of 170
hey phil. am considering these. Actually the wired version seem a bargain at only 50chf. I got some soundmagic E10's and whilst good, I'm treble brainwashed with my T1s and K3's, lol. Hence the SM's sound a bit like im losing my hearing :)

How are these? Bright enuff?
Hey David, while they are one of the better Bluetooth units I've found and have a nice low end punch, I fear they won't be your cup of tea in the treble department, knowing what you like (k3003 with high boost filter and beyer t1s). I would recommend the LZ-a4, bit more pricey (185usd) but highly tuneable and addictive. Still at 50chf it might be worth a look, not tried the cables version.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #113 of 170
Hey David, while they are one of the better Bluetooth units I've found and have a nice low end punch, I fear they won't be your cup of tea in the treble department, knowing what you like (k3003 with high boost filter and beyer t1s). I would recommend the LZ-a4, bit more pricey (185usd) but highly tuneable and addictive. Still at 50chf it might be worth a look, not tried the cables version.

thanks phil. will check out the LZ's, but that's a hike in price terms. Am trying to find a cheapy which gives me enough of the K3 sound but for pennies; a fun but probably unattainable goal.

im tempted by the byrons still... if i can pick up a pair for 49chf , i think ill go for them. They're not in stock at the mo over here.

Cheers!

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #116 of 170
I posted my thoughts earlier in this thread but I wanted to come back having bought some Comply foam tips.
As I use them for biking/jogging I got the Sport+ version, this particular model:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TBJZQOQ
I have to say these have made a BIG difference, to the point that where I was not all that happy with them before, I really like them now.
Improvements are...
- Improved sound quality, perhaps through a better fit and/or isolation.
- Much more comfortable for longer periods
- Although they do "stick out" from the ear more than before, they surprisingly stay in the ear much better and don't fall out.
All in all despite the cost (which seems a bit excessive considering what they are), the Comply tips have made a big improvement for me.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #117 of 170
I have the Xiaomi Iron Pro now but the left channel is acting up. I'm considering buying the wired Byron. The reviews on the net are ranging from great to really great.

Any opinions / experiences on the wired one? Would it be a big / noticeable upgrade?

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #118 of 170

Yes, it work perfectly for iPhone , i tried with Macbook as well, the reason why they put Android only logo on the box, i believe is to not paying licensing to Apple, just my guess

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #119 of 170
I have the Xiaomi Iron Pro now but the left channel is acting up. I'm considering buying the wired Byron. The reviews on the net are ranging from great to really great.

Any opinions / experiences on the wired one? Would it be a big / noticeable upgrade?

I'm not too sure on the Xiaomi Iron Pro, yes the byron Wired has strong good review, even the predecessor model MMX101/102 has extremely high rating (Byron Wired is just feature update from MMX101/102), you can check out some reviews from pass years.

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #120 of 170
Hey all.

I just picked up the Byron wired set and thought I'd give my initial (less than an hour with them) impressions.

First, taking them out of the package I thought, "wow, these are tiny."  I have a few other sets of earphones, and these are smallest in size.  Obviously my over the back of the ear IEMs will be larger, but to give a decent enough example the Byron's smallness, they are just a bit smaller than the stock Samsung earphones that came with my Note 4.  

The construction is that of plastic and aluminum and thus they are very light indeed.  That said, I don't find the build quality to be particularly confidence inspiring.  These feel like they could quite easily break.  The cord itself is pretty thin, and thins out further as it splits to each side.  It makes me feel that one bad yank and these are done for.

In terms of sound quality, the little 9mm drivers pack a good punch down low, more than I was expecting, without getting sloppy or bloated.  Mids are present if unspectacular and the Treble is smooth but lacks some sparkle.  The Byrons seem to resolve detail fairly well, but lack a little of that shimmering clarity that you might find in a hybrid IEM.  I also don't find them to have the greatest sound stage, but it's not bad either.  I would call it moderate width, enough to keep you from feeling congested.  

So far, I would call the sound solid and sweet.  Nothing particularly offensive, yet at the same time nothing that really wows you either.  For the asking price of $50, you could do worse, but you might find better if you feel like digging through the cheap Chi-Fi iems.  They are a solid pair of carry every day, fun, earphones with good quality sound, meant for enjoying music but not for deep, critical listening. 

So my initial grade is 3.5 out of 5 stars.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back