The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016)
Jul 5, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #136 of 170
I've been using the BTA's as my commuting headphones for a couple months, and I've been satisfied so far. I'm interested to see how the RHA 750 wireless compare to the Byron BTAs when they come out.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #138 of 170
Can someone recommend where to purchase good spare Silicone tips for the Byron BT
I already looked at the COMPLY site, but would not like to use memory foam.

Thanks
You're gonna needs shure tips or nuforce hem ones I think. Those are the only ones I know with a narrow bore. I cut out part of the tip that goes on the bore from the supplied tips and then you can use any other tip by going over the part you cut out. Hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 7, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #139 of 170
Thanks
So I understand from you that Silicone tips for Shure (like those for SE846 or SE535) also fit the Byron BT, but the stem might be too long so I will have to shorten them.
Is that correct?

Thanks again

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #140 of 170
IMG_0422.JPG
I meant something else but yes that should work also. I tried to put a picture up of what I meant but I can't seem to upload any pics.

My suggestion would be to cut the stem from a pair of the stock tips you don't use and put it on the earphone. You can now use any typical tips on the Byron BT becaus the stem isn't narrow anymore.

I guess I can post a picture now.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #144 of 170
I'm considering the Byron Wired to replace a venerable pair of Brainwavz M2 that has lost a filter. The M2 has served me well but it may be time to look for a successor. These will be carried in a small pouch in my pocket, all day every day. I'm looking for something durable, compact, worn cable down with rich mids, punchy bass and highs that are not harsh or sibilant. I use IEMs primarily for audiobooks, so I'm looking for clear with good mids.

I am leaning toward the Bryon Wired, but would like comparisons with the Soundmagic E80 and of course the old Brainwavz M2. I can't seem to find direct comparisons of these. Any help would be appreiciated.

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #145 of 170
I got a pair of wired Byron's about a week ago. I'm satisfied with them. They seem to be controlled and polite. I bought these to replace my old Brainwavz M2. For music the wired Byrons are better. For audiobooks I prefer the M2. The M2 has a richness in the midrange that is missing from the Byron. The Byron however has a more balanced sound, is more controlled, is more refined, and is more musical.

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #146 of 170
I had a distinct mechanical click in my Byron BT left ear-bud. The store I bought from decided it didn't exist and after some to-and-fro, they just refunded me the price after my expense in mailing them for RMA. I did like the sound prior.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #147 of 170
I meant something else but yes that should work also. I tried to put a picture up of what I meant but I can't seem to upload any pics.

My suggestion would be to cut the stem from a pair of the stock tips you don't use and put it on the earphone. You can now use any typical tips on the Byron BT becaus the stem isn't narrow anymore.

I guess I can post a picture now.
Thanks for the tip! (pardon the pun!) I received a pair of Byron BTs yesterday, and I'm very impressed. I haven't really used in-ears in the past, as i've always struggled with the fit. I seem to have very small ear holes. The stock tips don't fit me very well, but this enabled me to use the tips off some cheap in-ears which I bought from Amazon a few days ago (those we cheap, and although they sounded rubbish, the small tips fitted me pretty well). Now I'll start searching for some better tips for my small ear holes.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #150 of 170

Users who are viewing this thread

Back