the best mp3 player?
Jul 14, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 32
Didn't we decide on this?

Actually we need to know how you're going to use it (jogging, etc.)? What's your OS? Any price limit? Etc...

[EDIT: What Dweebgal said!]

Jul 14, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 32
The Nomad Jukebox 3 and the Ipod are (I think) the 2 leaders here.

Jul 14, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
The Nomad Jukebox 3 and the Ipod are (I think) the 2 leaders here.

... and the Zen, MuVo and several iRivers.
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 7:10 AM Post #6 of 32
There is NOT a 'best'. There are dozens that are very high quality, and sound about equal, including Zen and iPod. This isn't like high-end audio equipment where you can get more resolution from the signal...

so go with a brand name, get the features you want, don't sweat the rest. MP3 is a compromise from start.

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #8 of 32
if you're looking for a truly pocket-able mp3 player that fits in your change pocket with dedicated volume rocker and controls (meaning you can change the volume + use the controls through your pocket without having to actually put your hand in your pocket or taking the entire mp3 out, as is necessary with touch screens), then the sony S745 is probably the best mp3

if you're looking for larger mp3 players, then... i have no idea sorry! :)

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #9 of 32
I personally like the Clip+. There's RockBox for it as well. Nice player.

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 32
Haha! I love it that you all take it so seriously.

I dug this thread up because another member dug up a thread from 2008 with the same subject. That we continue such an old thread is probably the closest to time travel we can come. Very amusing.

Well, still I think that the Nomad Jukebox 3 is better than the Sansa Clip(+) except when it comes to pocket-ability. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #15 of 32
Balancing the three-legged stool of quality, price, and portability, the Fuze works best for me. And Rockbox: bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back