the best mp3 player?
Jun 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 32
I design furniture, and three legged stools don't need balancing.   :)

"Portable" itself is a careful balance of weight and size, grip and case availablity. Not everything can be worn on an arm-band.  Not everyone wears shirts with pockets.  etc..

Price alone isn't a good measure.   Price/capability is probably more useful, but a hard thing to weigh.  See my article on "What is a feature worth".

Quality is simpler,  yet there are at least two aspects.  Quality of build, and quality of output. I thought my Samsung P2 was well built and sounded great.   The headphone jack failed on many though.

4D

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #17 of 32
I am MOSTLY interested in AUDIO BOOKS..I own an ARCHO3 Vision..it does a good job..I am looking for a player that will (after shut down) start at the same place in my book..OR maybe have bookmark capability. Sound is impt..Sony s series looks pretty good..ANY sugestions...JIM
ps do I look here for answer and/or my email address??

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 32
buy A845 =) You wont be dissapointed with this baby!

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #21 of 32
Hi 4d ...Thank u soooooooo much for the rapid answer.NOT!!! trying to be stupid..BUT ..when I am listenting to ( example) an audio book and am in the middle of chapter 6 on page 123..IF I SET a bookmark before I turn off he mp3...when I turn it on again andgo to that audio book...will the bookmark bring me to where I was>..I don't know if I asked  the right question..I own the Archos 3 vision, and it has a feature called "resume play" it works most of the time.. 

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #22 of 32
I thought about getting a Fuze to Rockbox. I put it on my Clip+, but the writing was so damn small. I know you can set it bigger, but it wasn't worth it to me.

May 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #24 of 32
Hi 4d ...Thank u soooooooo much for the rapid answer.NOT!!! trying to be stupid..BUT ..when I am listenting to ( example) an audio book and am in the middle of chapter 6 on page 123..IF I SET a bookmark before I turn off he mp3...when I turn it on again andgo to that audio book...will the bookmark bring me to where I was>..I don't know if I asked  the right question..I own the Archos 3 vision, and it has a feature called "resume play" it works most of the time.. 

When on any of my apple products I can listen to my audio books switch to music and come back to my book and it starts off where I left off no bookmarking required

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #27 of 32
Jul 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #28 of 32
The best player I've ever had (and I've been through a few) is the Cowon J3.

If my Sony came in 32Gb or more then it would be the S.

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #29 of 32
all the new cowon have video playback and a large screen. that's not what i need. the ones i  consider were the cube c30/nationite N2 and the iaudio 7.
but from what i read, the cube isnt a big improvment (if any ) over the clip+  (nor the fuze). and i dont know about the iaudio 7 , which btw is impossible to get it anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back