The best looking headphones are the best sounding headphones!
Jul 2, 2001 at 8:01 PM Post #16 of 32
I love the look of my SR-80s. Very retro submarine sonar operator. However, those wooden Dutch-clog Grados I'm not too hip on.. wait wait.. they kinda look like cedar shoe trees that I put in my Johnston & Murphy dress shoes too.

Jul 2, 2001 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 32
I think it goes both ways with different headphones. For example,the Sony MDR-CD180 & 280 look very nice with the silver colored dome shaped earcups, but that's just silver paint on the outside and cheap plastic underneath. Then,take AKG or Grado headphones. They don't look real fancy with all the silver and gold,but they sound great and they are very durable and made with much better quality parts,which is what really counts.

Jul 2, 2001 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 32
Objection!

I love the Grado retro design, but the sound just isn't for me (apologies to Team Grado
smily_headphones1.gif
- btw, anybody interested in forming Team AKG with me? Concurrent membership in other teams allowed).

On the other hand, I don't think the AKG K501 are nothing special to look at (they are not an eyesore as some headphones, but they don't excite me either), but the sound really suits me.

Looks like my visual and aural preferences are diverging...

Jul 2, 2001 at 11:37 PM Post #20 of 32
Weren't the original Orpheus this pretty metallic purple?

Jul 2, 2001 at 11:58 PM Post #21 of 32
I love my own modified Sony MDR-CD3000m. The only blue CD3000 in the world (I think). The sound characteristic doen't always influenced by the shape of the cans. It all depends on materials of the it's driver and signal source.

Jul 3, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #22 of 32
Looking at the 2 most voted choices, I see many of us here have problems .. We just eat cake , marry the cans, use them, some even abuse it to the point of replacement
eek.gif
... then we move on to better cans
cool.gif
LOL~!

Only in headwize community
rolleyes.gif

Tides
tongue.gif

Jul 3, 2001 at 12:37 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Tides
Looking at the 2 most voted choices, I see many of us here have problems .. [...]
Only in headwize community
rolleyes.gif

Tides
tongue.gif

I don't see the problem: There's nothing more fun than eating cake while listening to your favorite headphones (although I am still working on a special circuit that cancels the chewing noises and jaw-clicking; that's also why we eat cake instead of cookies - less noise).

As to the other choice: It just shows that we are committed, monogamous people, although if you look at the boards here, in the case of headphones most of us seem to practice serial monogamy. It is about time somebody wrote a rant against headwize/head-fi's role in breaking up otherwise happy headphone marriages
smily_headphones1.gif
rolleyes.gif

legoman

Jul 3, 2001 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 32
Man, if Ian, vertigo or Gradoistcool married their cans, they'd have more divorces than...umm...Someone with a whole lotta divorces!
biggrin.gif

Hey bootman, I could go for some flan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back