The best looking headphones are the best sounding headphones!
Jul 2, 2001 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
This is true in most cases I think, and no I haven't lost my mind. To me the most beautiful phones are my Sony CD3000s, and they are also my favorite phones. Coincidence? I think not. I dunno if everybody feels this way. I know! I'll make this a poll. Lemme see what you think.

EDIT: When I say best looking and best sounding I of course mean best looking to *you* and best sounding to *you*.

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 32
Nah, don't think you can make that generalization. I remember somebody getting some Bang & Oluffson headphones (fjhuerta?) that looked great but sounded horrible. I would instead suggest that the best-looking headphones are either the best-sounding or the worst-sounding, but not in the middle.

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 32
Not true.. A not-so audiophilic friend of mine was about to buy either the MDR-V600 or the V700DJ because of the 'pretty silvery colours'.. It took me a while, but I finally got him to change his mind and go for the more humble-looking V6
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 32
Even though I don't own one, I think my favorite headphones aestheticly are the AKG K240Ms, mainly cause I like the gold shiny trim, and that oldschool flava. I was actually gonna buy one when I was in need of a sealed/closed can, but then I learned they were very inefficiant and sucked anyway...

I really REALLY like grados until I see somebody wearing them I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm a self consious guy and only listen to my **** on the run, so it matters). I was actually thinking the other day how damn cool the grados would look if they were large enough to be circumaural, with a 325 aluminum finish and a larger leather headband with tons of padding. I'd by one in an instant based on looks alone.

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

...and only listen to my **** on the run...

You're the first person I've ever met who listens to his own ****...
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 32
Odd. K1000's always looked ever slightly goofy to me, on too many counts to list (ORANGE headband?).

However, since they aren't the walk-around type of headphone, and most of us don't look at ourselves in the mirror while listening, it's a minor fault indeed.

Jul 2, 2001 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 32
Well, I must be a bigamist, because I'd marry 3 of my headphones. Not only are they, to my eyes, beautiful, but they sound damn good, too!
Grado HP-1, Alessandro Music Series Pro, and Grado RS-1.........in that order, the HP-1s being the most beautiful, while the MS-Pros and RS-1s exude elegance.
Man, this is some sick sh#@%!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 6:22 PM Post #10 of 32
lol... this reminds me of a thread on HW....

Headphone fetish pictures...

Who on earth invented that website?!?
eek.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 6:36 PM Post #11 of 32
The AKG K1000, beautiful? Well, to each their own, but I would never be caught wearing them, even by myself!
eek.gif
Hehe, sorry chych...
redface.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:24 PM Post #12 of 32
I likey my Sony MDR-R10.
biggrin.gif
*knocks on wood*
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 32
My HP-2 look as good as they sound. They also have those super cool buttons on the air chambers that use the original Grado logo, which looks so insanely cool, it's sick. My 600's are also a hot piece of as... hardwa...er... ah...cans..no wait... can I start over?
redface.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:58 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

KR wrote...

My 600's are also a hot piece of as... hardwa...er... ah...cans..no wait... can I start over?

Well, if KR has to order replacement pads for his 600s anytime soon, I guess we'll know why!
eek.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back