The best for me out of this 3 IEM's?
Dec 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
I just returned my Brainwavz M4 since I don't really like them, after finally getting it back. But, I don't think I would get the MP4Nation sale going on right now though.. I'm considering it too, but, I'm leaning towards the klipsch S4 too.

What was it you didn't like about the M4?  I briefly considered them when they had the black Friday sale but I wanted the M2 b/c from what I'd read (and proved true) they would be an improved E10 with better build.

I haven't heard the S4 but I've read a lot of complaints of bloated bass and shrill highs.  Not sure how accurate those complaints are, as I've never really studied them in depth but possibly they're V shaped like the M4's?

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #18 of 30
I don't really think the M4's are V shaped, maybe kind of but, for me I think they are more balanced. And, the bass is very little for my own taste, that's the only thing I don't like about it. Other than that, they are a great pair of earphones but not really for me.

Do the M2's have more or same quality in bass?

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #19 of 30

Quote:
Do the M2's have more or same quality in bass?

The M2's have a little more in quantity (just a bit more mid bass) and just a bit more overall quality.  The biggest noticeable difference is that the E10 bass is softer and the M2 bass is harder, so you get more impact.  I would say the E10 is slightly brighter sounding but the M2 is much clearer with better treble decay.  Perhaps the E10 has a slighter bigger soundstage?  I haven't tested them enough yet.  The M2's just came in today and I've only had a few hours, so I'm still adjusting to them.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #23 of 30
They have one of the best quality deep bass I've heard and are pretty balanced in the upper ranges. But if you like to listen at very high volume they're not for you, cause bass will simply be too strong and get out of control. They're great with bassy music at low to medium volume though.

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #24 of 30
They look pretty nice, thanks for the suggestion! Any more recommendations?

Bump

I just saw the DUNU hephaes and they look nice and are very bass heavy.. Any recommendations for this one? Theyre $78 at MP4Nation

Dec 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #25 of 30
Dec 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #27 of 30
The Klipsch image s4 are pretty good. I'm awaiting for my Brainwavz M1 to come in so I can try them.

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #28 of 30

Quote:
I will recommend the VSONIC GR06.  $58 shipped.  Accessories galore as well.  I started a thread when I became a fan...lol....Couple other head-fiers are pleased with their performance as well.

Cheers!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580759/my-vsonic-collection-has-begun-r04pro-gr06-gr07-i-am-a-fan-comparisons-post-62

+1, I've never heard the GR06 but the GR07's are really good I didn't want to give them back to my friend. If the 6's are even half as good you can't go wrong there.

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #29 of 30
I'm not really an over the ear type of guy :/

Bump? Anyone?

"I've come down to DUNU DN-16 Hephaes, Klipsch S4i and Fischer Audio Consonance?"

Or refurbished Monster Turbine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back