THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Feb 13, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #841 of 5,009

Quote:
we're on a roll...

Great to see another member into Nneka! Gots some music and vids of hers from Nigeria in the last few years... absolutely wonderful voice!
beerchug.gif

To list one of my favs for now, back with a few more later...
- Busi Mhlongo (S. Africa)

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #842 of 5,009
Lights, Hayley Williams, Tay Jardine, Juliet Simms

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #849 of 5,009

Quote:
Yeah, I love the percussion (and everything else) on the track 'Help Yourself'

Frank has always been my favorite of her two albums.. take the box is one of my fave's, though i think my all time fave by her is her cover of "Valerie" which can be found on her back to black box set disk 2. 

She was such a musical genius. I still miss her every time I think of her.  I can only imagine who and what she could have been had she gotten her life together.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #850 of 5,009
I don't know if this thread is great because it's so interesting and there are so many great tips, or bad because I can just see my wallet bleeding! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, my two cents worth in no order:

Natalie Merchant - particularly her first two solo albums, and her life album (check out The Gulf of Araby - a beautiful track)
Beth Orton - Stolen Car is one of my favourite songs ever
Alison Krauss
Sarah McLaughlin - it would be a serious challenge to find a fault with Angel, one of the sweetest tracks ever

... and purely because of her contribution to REM's Shiny Happy People, Kate Pierson from The B52s.

Oh, and I remember that my dad was a big Anne Murray fan, so there's one for him (although I've never listened to her myself).

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #852 of 5,009

Users who are viewing this thread

Back