THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
May 18, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #451 of 5,009
For some reason lately I have been loving Sia, especially her Lady Croissant cd. I going to have to try some of her other albums.

May 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #453 of 5,009

Quote:
Leslie Feist
Annie Lennox
Karen Oh (The Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls)

Thanks for posting this i was listening to it and now i,ve put it on my to buy list.

what amazing vocals she has. :)

May 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #455 of 5,009

Quote:
Leslie Feist
Annie Lennox
Karen Oh (The Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls)

Thanks for posting this.  Currently listening to "Its Blitz!" album.  Loving it!

May 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #456 of 5,009

Quote:
Thanks for posting this i was listening to it and now i,ve put it on my to buy list.

what amazing vocals she has. :)

Quote:
Thanks for posting this.  Currently listening to "Its Blitz!" album.  Loving it!

You're Welcome!  I always liked Karen Oh's passion in this particular song.. MAPS  my, angus, please, stay.. was based on her at the time bf.  Blitz is a good album.. ZERO and Heads Will Roll I think were their singles for that album.  

Here's Heads will roll.. very artistic with a nod to Michael Jackson and horror movies.

May 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #457 of 5,009
I like Karen Oh as well, but my favorite female vocalist would have to be Maja Ivarsson of The Sounds. Her sass is electric! I also like Hayley Williams (Paramore), Martina Sorbara (Dragonette), Carah Faye Charnow (Shiny Toy Guns), and, yes, Katy Perry.
dt880smile.png

May 23, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #460 of 5,009
First song I heard from the Sounds not bad.. Steve Aoki guest appearance. + Dragonette, Shiny Toy Guns( Don't Cry Out) Very nice.

Quote:
I like Karen Oh as well, but my favorite female vocalist would have to be Maja Ivarsson of The Sounds. Her sass is electric! I also like Hayley Williams (Paramore), Martina Sorbara (Dragonette), Carah Faye Charnow (Shiny Toy Guns), and, yes, Katy Perry.
dt880smile.png

Quote:
The 80's thread reminded me how much I liked Terri Nunn of Berlin.

Berlin is Class.  I don't think of Top Gun when I think of Berlin.. moreso, the METRO.  Wonder if you remember this lady??

May 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #463 of 5,009

Quote:
Aimee Mann was in in 'Til Tuesday? I had no idea. Thanks for the tip.

Wow, that makes me feel old.  Hard to imagine separating Aimee from Til Tuesday. Although I much prefer her solo material of the last 15 years than her Til Tuesday stuff, I was a teenager when "Voices Carry" was a huge hit.  She has never had a commercial success like that since, although certainly "Bachelor #2" and "Lost In Space" received a ton of critical praise, which was well deserved.  The MFSL SACD's and LP's of those albums are stellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back