THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Apr 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #391 of 5,010

Quote:
Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy
basshead.gif

ill bet she sounds like a squeky little mouse without all that effect on her voice
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #394 of 5,010

Quote:
you honestly doubt her ability to sound that awesome IRL? like i agree that on most recordings metal bands over dub the audio with two tracks to make it sound a little cooler. But live they dont have that luxury

most All live singers, from celine dion to the singer from slipknot use effects on their voice during live performances.  some are meant to be heard, some are not.  I very much believe this woman has some very heavy effects on her voice.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #396 of 5,010
Quote:
while searching i discovered another AMAZING group of woman singers

the Wailin' Jenny's.. WOW!

Wow, thanks! Didn't know them either, great harmony singing.
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
She really sounds like that. I have seen them live multiple times. This is her growl workshop

Musically not my cup of tea, but still very impressive. She obviously knows her stuff.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #399 of 5,010
^ shes pretty good...and speaking of someone who probably sound COMPLETELY different without all the vocal effect...

but i digress..

she is an excellent performer.. completely focused on the music.. a very rare feat...  nothing bugs me more than watching a performance where the singer is clearly distracted by their mind, and lost in their own insecurities focused more on what the crowd might be thinking of them than singing.. i.e. 99% of them..

well out of this whole thread, i've really only liked about 1 of the artists that i didnt know about already.. this one may just be # 2.   how exciting!

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #400 of 5,010
the vocal effects are kinda heavy.... but i love the airy soothing sound which i think is the point. right now she is brand new and doesn't even have a record label yet, she is all on her own. hopefully we see her turn into something great very soon.  

Quote:
^ shes pretty good...and speaking of someone who probably sound COMPLETELY different without all the vocal effect...

but i digress..

she is an excellent performer.. completely focused on the music.. a very rare feat...  nothing bugs me more than watching a performance where the singer is clearly distracted by their mind, and lost in their own insecurities focused more on what the crowd might be thinking of them than singing.. i.e. 99% of them..

well out of this whole thread, i've really only liked about 1 of the artists that i didnt know about already.. this one may just be # 2.   how exciting!

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #402 of 5,010
except for autotune... thats a vocal effect we could do without. i just got the EP tonight.... i love it and suggest it. 

there are also 4 pages of remixes of her songs on Soundcloud.com as well, if you like electronic stuff. 

Quote:
there's definately nothing wrong with heavy vocal effects...  yeah I think im gonna get her EP

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #403 of 5,010
Time to hit up the Cloud.

Quote:
except for autotune... thats a vocal effect we could do without. i just got the EP tonight.... i love it and suggest it. 

there are also 4 pages of remixes of her songs on Soundcloud.com as well, if you like electronic stuff. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #405 of 5,010
I am going to have to put my main vote in for the most obvious coming from me, Norah Jones.  Unique and lovely  vocals. 

Following her, Corinne Bailey Rae, Amel Larrieux, Sasha Dobson, Madeleine Peyroux....I could go on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back