THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Mar 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #361 of 5,018
My vote goes for Annete Olzon..current nightwish singer (i know, we miss tarja)
a different voice style, but still..great. 

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #362 of 5,018

Oh by no means bad. I didn't like Annete at first...but wow. She DOES have amazing talent, I will admit.

EDIT: Dark Passion Play is a wonderful album.
Quote:

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #363 of 5,018
My favorite right now is Anna Maria Jopek, specifically on the album she did with Pat Metheny.

"Mania Meinia" from Upojenie

Although this^ quality is sub-par.

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #364 of 5,018

Quote:
Gracd Potter and the Nocturnals.  Simply incredible.  Her live performance is not to be missed and is one of the few bands I would travel accross country to go and see.  If you have a chance, go and see her.  You can thank me later.  What a voice on this girl.

#2 Adele

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4bCnoqutHk&feature=related 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9lzcUe2Zg 

Vince - thank you.  Just ordered the self titled CD.  You're right - an amazing voice.  Once again thanks a lot for mentioning her :)

Agree with Adele also.  Didn't think much of her first release '19" - but I am really enjoying "21" at the moment. 

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #366 of 5,018
Emmylou Harris - I think she was mentioned once in this thread, but I have to give her some props for a gorgeous voice. Just randomly bought a couple of her cds and find them quite enjoyable.

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #368 of 5,018

Quote:
Emmylou Harris - I think she was mentioned once in this thread, but I have to give her some props for a gorgeous voice. Just randomly bought a couple of her cds and find them quite enjoyable.

Try "Bluebird", I think you'll like that one. Nicely produced, good variation, and a good sound.

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #370 of 5,018
After reading through this entire thread.....

How is it nobody recognizes Francoise Hardy? 

No mention of Bessie Smith, unbelievable.....  Kids :)

The best I've ever heard ... live only...

1. Emmylou Harris
2. k. d. Lang
3. Joan Armatrading  (don't think she's even been mentioned, was killer back in the day)

Honorable mention to Linda Rondstadt
Over rated mention to Grace and the singing goat (Nicks)

The thing about Emmylou is perfection. Lead, accompaniment, or backup, she nails it all with her uncanny sense of tone and vocal precision.
The ultimate professional, not many can do it. 
It's why after 40 years they all still stand in line to record with her, even though the voice is way past it's prime.

that's grace slick, Not the nocturnals

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #371 of 5,018

Quote:

i will go against this and vote for tarja turrunen

i also really like masha from arkona

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #373 of 5,018
I just discovered an Asiatic jewel named Joanna Wong.  Her style remembers me Nora Jones.  I'm listening her album again and again.

http://www.amazon.com/Start-Here-Joanna-Wang/dp/B0018F0IX0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1301606563&sr=8-5

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #374 of 5,018
ive made a point of posting youtube video links with nearly every artist ive mentioned.. im looking back at older posts and finding all my links are gone!! whats the deal??!?!  anyone else notice this with their posts?

what fun is this thread if we dont have the songs we linked to in our posts?

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #375 of 5,018

Quote:
ive made a point of posting youtube video links with nearly every artist ive mentioned.. im looking back at older posts and finding all my links are gone!! whats the deal??!?!  anyone else notice this with their posts?

what fun is this thread if we dont have the songs we linked to in our posts?

Some vids that you posted on 1/12 and 2/15 are still there for me. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back