THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #3,661 of 5,014
yv3a.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3,662 of 5,014
I think we all have a soft melt spot for awesome female voices. Post the ones that make you feel warm and fuzzy or just the ones you admire a lot.
Taylor Swift in her new song 'speak now'
Tarja Turunnen from nightwish. She's such a good singer, almost bottlenecked by nightwish but she managed to make it something awesome.
Hayley Williams from Paramore. I just like angry, angsty girls. That and because her live performances are so full of energy.
biggrin.gif

Roberta Flack.

Feb 10, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #3,663 of 5,014
New to this thread and I will likely go through every post.

I wanted to say that I also enjoy Tarja Turunnen and Simone Simons. Tarja's My winter storm album is incredible. The phantom agony album by epica is another favorite as well.

Some of their songs make me tear up a bit and I'm always in search of other voices that make me feel that way.

Feb 11, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #3,667 of 5,014
Just a few that come to mind while probably forgetting a bunch more...

Patti Austin- famous voice on tons of albums for decades but you never knew who it was. Has some of her own albums. Fantastic.
Aretha- nothing like her in the old days. Queen of Soul indeed.
Mama Cass - tremendous range and timbre.
Natalie Maines. Just wow. If everything she did before the remake of Fleetwood Mac's Landslide wasn't enough, this surely is
Shania Twain- living reincarnation of Karen Carpenter. Don't like any of her material but incredible, acrobatic voice she does have
Karen Carpenter. 'nuff said.
Ella Fitzgerald. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. And it does!
Jo Dee Messina

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #3,668 of 5,014
She's got to have one of the most smooth voice I've ever heard. She probably works with really good sound engineers that are very mindful of vocal recording qualities. Her recordings sound great on anything.

She has a bit of Ella Fitzgerald, not as strong of a characteristic, but smoother.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back