The Best Ever Headphone / IEM shop in Seoul, South Korea
Apr 20, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 57
I really want to go to spend a prolonged duration in Korea someday.  Especially for the beezies. 

Oh yeah, and the geeky tech stuff too.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #19 of 57
visited there today - it was truly nice.

as a developing audiophile, it was nice to be able to try out all of the big-name IEMs and headphones.
ended up buying a westone 2 but i tried out all four from the series, the UM series, all shure SE models, a lot of UE products and atomic floyd products, etc.
and i got a taste of the sennheiser hd800. it was truly insane.

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #20 of 57
Hey guys. Just stumbled on this thread. Thank God I did because I'm in the market for some new buds. Just left my Westone 2s in some sauna pants way down in Gwangju 광주. :frowning2: 엉엉엉. Anyone studying Korean? Haha. Anyway, I'm gonna hit this place up today or tomorrow. How are the prices?? 

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #21 of 57
Quote:
Hey guys. Just stumbled on this thread. Thank God I did because I'm in the market for some new buds. Just left my Westone 2s in some sauna pants way down in Gwangju 광주. :frowning2: 엉엉엉. Anyone studying Korean? Haha. Anyway, I'm gonna hit this place up today or tomorrow. How are the prices?? 

aww man, that's too bad.. :frowning2:

i paid 319,000 KRW for westone 2

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #22 of 57
I live fairly near there.  Funny, I was just lamenting on the advice thread that I can't audition much here.  I was looking online for availability locally, and you can find anything in stores online of course.  It turns out that's not un-true, it's just that PRODJ100 and UE6000/9000 aren't available in Korea at all except through drop-ship import.  Looks like the same situation for Fostex T50rp.  

This site also doesn't list any of these models, but they do list KRK's and fischer audio (although way overpriced at list), and beyerdynamic models in multiple impedances and just about anything else, so I might check it out.   I can see not having the koss, being pretty low-end, maybe even the fostex, but I'd think they'd get the UEs.  Maybe they just haven't updated their website in 6 months.  Maybe I can get a suggestion to them and see if they'll get it stocked. 

Can anyone who's been there tell me if they (edit: I mean the store, not you) have some source and selection to borrow?  I don't really have portable gear.  I'm old and stuck in my ways and still have my music on shiny round platters.  I can certainly rip some things though.  The best portable gear I have to play it on is a galaxy S (original) which supposedly is pretty decent actually.  But maybe I can just walk in and borrow their setup?  I've never really shopped at a headphone store, so I don't know how it works.  I was kind of looking once and the salesman said  "Ok, so lets have your music and you can try it out."  Never mind.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #24 of 57
Pretty sure it's(the one in the first post) by Hyehwa station on line 4, farther northeast actually, but that wasn't the question.  My navigation will figure that part out.  Or maybe you're trying to say a different shop would have what I'm looking for?  

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=earphoneshop+seoul&hl=en&ll=37.585806,127.00264&spn=0.095494,0.173893&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.50801,89.033203&hq=earphoneshop&hnear=Seoul,+South+Korea&t=m&z=13&iwloc=A

hmm.. street view doesn't confirm that.  Anyway, the korean navi will work that out.  Very reliable.

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #25 of 57
Quote:
What a coinky-dink.

I'm in Korea right now, and I just visited an amazing headphone store. They were selling Triple fis, Phiaton models, ortofon models, higher end AKG models, Ultrasone, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Would've spent a couple of hours trying out all the headphones, but I only had time to try out a phiaton model, and the triple fis. The place was a bit expensive though.

Unfortunately, I forgot the name of the store....

It may be the 'Headphone-shop' located at the 'Young-San' station building in Seoul.

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #27 of 57
Ok after editing your post, I now see that you were responding to previous questions over a year old, and not to my new question.  Actually the info about a store near yong-san is possibly useful follow-up information anyway.

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #28 of 57
another great shop to go to is smartaudio.
its changed name and location, and ive never been to the new one.
the old one was better than headphoneshop imo,
and the new one seems to be even better.

has top notch headphones, and especially has the more expensive iems not found in headphoneshop,
such as the ie800 and ultrasone iq.

http://www.schezade.co.kr/board/notice/board_view.html?no=224&s_key=&s_field=&category=&page=1

there wasnt any customs at the old one, and not sure if they have any in the new one

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #30 of 57
Quote:

maybe, im pretty sure that one doesnt sell ortofons though.
might be talking about the old smartaudio.
only place out of the big 3 that sold ortofon iems.

You are right. 'Headphone Shop' doesn't trade in ortofons.
It must be 'smart audio'. I've heard many times about there, but not been there before. I really want to visit smart audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back