The Best Ever Headphone / IEM shop in Seoul, South Korea
Jun 21, 2011 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

scubash21

New Head-Fier

Just wanted to let all Head-Fi enthusiasts know about this amazing headphone / IEM shop in Seoul, Daehangno, South Korea. It is by far better then any other shop that I have ever been too, including Tokyo Japan (e.g. Dynamic-audio, or any other shop in Akihabara) in my personal opinion.

They have almost every current headphone / IEM; I spent 4 hours there, listening to almost each one with my iPhone. I walked in there with my Etymotic mc3, and after evaluation of most all, I decided to upgrade to Etymotic ER4P, and bought the 3.5MM plug resistor adapter to ER4S .

They were a little bit more expensive then purchasing them in the US, but I was so impressed with the service and how informative they were, I spent the extra money and bought them there. If anyone will be traveling to Seoul, South Korea, I highly recommend a visit to this place.

The webpage is only available in the Korean language:

http://earphoneshop.co.kr

Here is an example of the many rows of headphone / IME’s that they have on display for customer listening / evaluation testing.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 57
What a coinky-dink.

I'm in Korea right now, and I just visited an amazing headphone store. They were selling Triple fis, Phiaton models, ortofon models, higher end AKG models, Ultrasone, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Would've spent a couple of hours trying out all the headphones, but I only had time to try out a phiaton model, and the triple fis. The place was a bit expensive though.

Unfortunately, I forgot the name of the store....

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 57
Damn.. 
blink.gif

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 57
I'm going to Korea next Wednesday.

Definitely stopping by. I've been hitting up a few headphone / IEM shops in YongSan - in the world's largest electronics district, they have 2 or 3 stores that are just off the hook with good gear (and killer prices if you negotiate ahem* and well if the currency exchange rates are on your side... it was 1500 wons to the dollar that year. Amazing.
But the photos above really look promising. Do they have chairs?

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 57
Good god I need to visit that place next time I go home.  I've never been to a headphone store before.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #13 of 57
Need one of these in California -_-

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #14 of 57

Hi guys, i'm going to wonderland 
smily_headphones1.gif
 (Seoul)  next month and i'd like to buy several iem,  4-5 good for  300 $ amount
I've read many discussions and  ATH-CKS77 is probably the only one i'm really looking for....too many models, so i need your advice. 

I do hope i can test  the iem because there's nothing best than our ears...but with a short list i will not waste my time.
I've just bought the shure 215.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back