1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment

Discussion in 'Music' started by deafmutelame, Mar 9, 2005.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
  1. qboogie
    Chrome Sparks - Marijuana
    -Really great electronic song to test the lower end

Nick Hakim - I Don't Know
    -Impeccably recorded blues, to test the lower end. On the LCD series, the song feels lush and deep. On the HD800s it feels galactically open.

The Singers Unlimited - Killing Me Softly
    -Each singer is individually mic'ed; just a lovely song. A great test of soundstage

Submotion Orchestra - Amira
    -Instrumental uptempo electronic song. Not that well-recorded a track but it gets really busy at the end with so many layers that on most headphones it sounds muddy. This song is how I confirmed the HD-800s was a special kind of headphone, because everything was more separated than I was used to hearing.

Bayonne - Gift
    -A good test of instrument separation. Sort of the same as the submotion song above. Bayonne is famous for one-man performances using looping systems. This one gradually adds more and more layers.

Bassment Jaxx & Metropele Orkest - Samba Magic
    -Metropele Orkest need no introduction. This song tests stereo imaging, I imagine from the perspective of the center front row. The applause sounds behind and to side. It also happens to groove so hard.

SteveOliver likes this.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31