The Beatles or The Stones? Cast your vote
Jul 21, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #106 of 120
When we were growing up it was always the beatles vs the stones. Good boys vs the bad boys. Nothing matters tho.

I can't believe how my life changed in a scant two minutes into "A Day In The Life" and we were only half way through the song!

The Stones great band that they were - were always playing catch-up.

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #107 of 120
Right now the ratio of the voting is 130/43. Yeah; that sounds just about the way I felt back then.

Maybe closer to 50/50 today.

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #108 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now the ratio of the voting is 130/43. Yeah; that sounds just about the way I felt back then.

Maybe closer to 50/50 today.

Interesting...does that mean "mellowing" has made you appreciate the "bad boys" more? Maybe I'm reading that wrong...

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #109 of 120
Don't really think the Stones are in the same league.... Agree with another poster who indicated that a number of their songs are just annoying. I would go more to they just suck at times...

My IPOD is Stone Free at this time
rolleyes.gif

The Beatles were a phenomenon that transcended across a number of break through eras of a very rich period in music.

I will admit, I was not a fan when they first came out at that time. They crushed me with Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, White Album,.....

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #111 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are Pink Floyd beating the Beatles in the other poll?

Probably because all of us Beatles Fans are too busy posting and voting at this thread....
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #113 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
both are great, but the Beatles are greater
biggrin.gif

Yes, the Beatles are greater, but Keith, Mick and the boys will always be my favorite and their longevity and ability remain at least somewhat relevant is truly amazing.

Tiger
580smile.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #115 of 120
Both were great bands. To me the Stones were entertainers while the Beatles were more for listening. I would rather see the Stones live in concert to enjoy their music but listen to the Beatles at home. Since I'm home most of the time now, the Beatles it is.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #118 of 120
Rolling Stones. This was a difficult pick for the Beatles are probably more innovative, but the Stones are still playing and making great music.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #119 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
both are great, but the Beatles are greater
biggrin.gif

X2

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #120 of 120
I agree the Stones have outstayed their welcome, but McCartney's frequent appearances in the press and media are also getting pretty tiresome. But I'd have to go for The Stones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back