The Beatles or Pink Floyd.....Cast your vote
Jan 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #151 of 192
Quote:
None here. I just wanted to clarify because I don't know you or where you are in your musical/life journey. We all experience things at different times in our lives and I was assuming that some people have done drugs here. One thing I can say about the two bands mentioned are they're pretty emotion driven bands. Some people might relate to the Beatles after a break-up with their significant other or some happy event. Some minds are too fragile to handle any Pink Floyd ever without slitting their wrists. But when my uncle died I couldn't get the song "Wish You Were Here" out of my mind forever, and It still reminds me of him. :cry:

wuwhere means 'Wish You Were Here'.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #158 of 192
Quote:

I really like to read the context and listen to the works of an artist/band in a chronological order. But thank you, I'll keep this in mind and try to get it in better quality!

Buy the box set, you'll be happy you did. Every Album has at least one gem. Many albums are beginning to end great. I can't think of my favorite and appreciate them all. I waited to get into them because they were so popular, but it's all good now and I have everything except their last 2 albums momentary lapse of reason and division bell.
Coming from someone who has everything of the Beatles with tons of them on record and they are very talented and write awesome guitar parts etc.
To me Pink Floyd has way better sound quality and is something I can listen to over and over again with my mouth wide open.  

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #159 of 192
No matter how many times people try to argue for the Beatles to me, talking about their exploratory time signatures, musical compositions yada yada yada, I still like Pink Floyd-- and a lot of people-- more than the Beatles.

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #160 of 192
Quote:
No matter how many times people try to argue for the Beatles to me, talking about their exploratory time signatures, musical compositions yada yada yada, I still like Pink Floyd-- and a lot of people-- more than the Beatles.

I'm a big Beatles fan (and I mean big), but I'd take Floyd over them as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back