The Bealtes - new Box set out for per-order now !!!
Sep 7, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #151 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif
If I go into my account on Amazon it says the shipping estimated date for the mono box is the 14th.

Sorry not trying to rant on Amazon, I just have been very unimpressed with their shipping times over the past year. They used to be great, and everything else about the company is generally very good so I find it hard to leave.

Maybe it has to do with when you ordered. I have free shipping on mine and the estimated arrival date is the 9/9. I don't know if I believe that, but maybe the estimates have something to do with the order itself.

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #152 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A 60's pop band that split up almost 40 years ago.

What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Don't appreciate all the Beatles talk? Tune it out. There has to be a million other threads that have nothing to do with The Beatles that might be worthy of your attention.

--Jerome

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #153 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Don't appreciate all the Beatles talk? Tune it out. There has to be a million other threads that have nothing to do with The Beatles that might be worthy of your attention.

Oh? Thank you. I hadn't noticed
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #154 of 189
I've found that ever since Amazon started the "Amazon Prime" thing, the delivery times for "super saver" shipping have increased. I called about it once and the guy slipped and *sort of* admitted that they de-prioritize super saver shipping items - as in it takes them longer to get out of the warehouse. This was about a year ago. I ordered a PS3 with super saver shipping. The estimated ship date was a week or so away, even though they had them in stock. I upgraded my shipping to 2-day and it shipped out right away. I think this was to get people to sign up for Amazon Prime. It worked for me - I love it. "free" 2-day shipping and overnight at $4 is worth it to me.

Anyway this may or may not explain delayed shipping for some.

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #155 of 189
My plan of attack for 9/9/09

Go to local Best Buy and purchase:
Rubber Soul -> Abbey Road plus Past Masters

I have Best Buy reward zone bonus to spend so this wil be part of it.
Also I want the Stone Roses 2CD + 1DVD anniversary deluxe edition also out 9/9

716XNLUtSsL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #156 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the ongoing Beatles obsession has become so annoying. It's just Beatles Beatles Beatles. A 60's pop band that split up almost 40 years ago. People seem to forget that.

Right, because they are just that.
rolleyes.gif

Nevermind that the initial run of mono box sets sold out almost as fast as they were available. There's certainly no interest in this band from so long ago. Especially as that means they have no merit.
dt880smile.png

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #157 of 189
I have never understood the motivation to enter a MUSIC thread that does not interest you. There are plenty of bands that I dislike which are talked about at length on this site and I simply do not go there. I have nothing to offer, and respect their interest.

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #158 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found that ever since Amazon started the "Amazon Prime" thing, the delivery times for "super saver" shipping have increased. I called about it once and the guy slipped and *sort of* admitted that they de-prioritize super saver shipping items - as in it takes them longer to get out of the warehouse. This was about a year ago. I ordered a PS3 with super saver shipping. The estimated ship date was a week or so away, even though they had them in stock. I upgraded my shipping to 2-day and it shipped out right away. I think this was to get people to sign up for Amazon Prime. It worked for me - I love it. "free" 2-day shipping and overnight at $4 is worth it to me.

Anyway this may or may not explain delayed shipping for some.

X2 on Amazon Prime. Best strategy ever for repeat customers. Makes the damn place addictive, in a good way.
smile.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #159 of 189
^ yeah that seems like the way to go with Amazon and I certainly understand the principle of getting what you pay for so I do not expect the world with free shipping. But I also understand competition and I ordered a pr of HD228s from Buy.com last night with free shipping and I woke up to a shipping notice.

...and the actual price of the HPs was 10 bucks cheaper than on Amazon
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #160 of 189
One of the main reasons I subscribed to Amazon Prime is because there were too many delays and issues with free super saver shipping. I would frequently have orders sit for several days unprocessed. I spend thousands every year on Amazon and the small price -- relative to what I spend -- of a yearly Prime subscription seemed to make the most sense.

I still have occasional shipping issues with Amazon but they are very few and far in between. Most of the time when I order in stock merchandise it gets shipped out the same day. On pre-orders it has been typical for them to ship the day before the official release date.

--Jerome

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #161 of 189
My Beatles mono set shipped out today from and will be here tomorrow, just got the tracking number!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #163 of 189
Way back when I ordered the mono set from Amazon with 2-day shipping. I just got an email that they were shipping it. On the list of pending orders, it had indicated that estimated delivery was Sept. 9th. I am guessing it will actually be the 10th, but who knows.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #165 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctemkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way back when I ordered the mono set from Amazon with 2-day shipping. I just got an email that they were shipping it. On the list of pending orders, it had indicated that estimated delivery was Sept. 9th. I am guessing it will actually be the 10th, but who knows.

You may get it tomorrow. I chose 2-day shipping and they have shipped mine next day air saver with delivery estimated 9/9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back