The Bealtes - new Box set out for per-order now !!!
Jul 10, 2009 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 189

HeadLover

1000+ Head-Fier
Just take a look at Amazon.com

Amazon.com: The Beatles Mono Box Set (LIMITED): The Beatles: Music

Amazon.com: The Beatles Stereo Box Set: The Beatles: Music

So
Who is going to buy it (pre-order for now) ?
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 189
Oh ****, that's a lot of money...much more than what I anticipated for some reason.
eek.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are getting like 16 CD's in the stereo version!
I think it is a nice price (maybe just a little bit to much)

You are getting the original 13 remastered + "past masters". And it's not like all 13 Beatles albums are masterpieces; Yellow Submarine is an absolute pile of turd, Please Please Me, With The Beatles and Beatles For Sale are not bad but they are filler when you compare to the rest of their works. Kind of like Beethoven's first 2 Symphonies.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 189
It's about what I'd have expected.

For anyone who wants the entire run of Beatles CD's, with some new mixes of albums that I'm thinking need them, this is a great way to go. If one didn't want everything, the thing to do is buy the albums you want separately...though I'm pretty sure that the mono versions will not be available other than in the box set.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it is a nice price (maybe just a little bit to much)

I'm going to wait a bit and bet there will be good deals around Santa time.

Jul 10, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's about what I'd have expected.

For anyone who wants the entire run of Beatles CD's, with some new mixes of albums that I'm thinking need them, this is a great way to go. If one didn't want everything, the thing to do is buy the albums you want separately...though I'm pretty sure that the mono versions will not be available other than in the box set.

Any news about the vinyl releases? I already pulled the trigger on the cd box sets and am anxious about the vinyls. Are they going to be in both mono and stereo?

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 189
Damn. I really don't want to spend money right now, but I am really worried about the mono box set selling out very quickly. 10000 copies? Are they serious. I was counting on being able to get it in Sept. or later, and now I feel like I have to decide in the next week.

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any news about the vinyl releases? I already pulled the trigger on the cd box sets and am anxious about the vinyls. Are they going to be in both mono and stereo?

Has it been confirmed that they're releasing a vinyl box set? If so, I've got my credit card in hand
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #15 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. No, no, no.

You mean there's no vinyl remasters? So it was only a rumour then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back