The bassheads dream?
Aug 16, 2010 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

therock003

100+ Head-Fier
First things first. I am a total basshead. I enjoy heavy bass, the pumping booming sound that makes me lose my balance. I listen mostly to hip hop dance trance electro. The purpose of this thread is to aquire recommendations for the best setup pertaining to bass. So far I use an iPod touch with shure se530. Great iems bur I think that as good as it gets for that format, so I'm looking to go to the next level.

I also plan to change the pmp with one that supports flac, or rip music to apple lossless as um using mp3 ATM.

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself. I only want your opinions for which equipment to get. Amp+heads that result in maximum heavy bass, of course as clear and undistorted as possible. Looking forwardto hearing your anawera.

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 8
Check out the thread 'Bass impact! that's all i asked for in life'

Check out Sony XBs, Ultrasone HFI 580, Ultrasone PRO 550, Denons, Monster Beats

I myself prefer the Ultrasone HFI 580 with a Cowon DAP. Cowon mp3 players have insane bass thumping enhancements. Also, I think the HFI 580 has the highest potential for bass impact with better amount of clarity than the other options

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 8
 I have heard that the denon D2000 headphones have a very good bass and if you want good audio quality from here on out, i highly suggest ripping in either 320kbps AAC/MP3 or preferably in Apple lossless. At this point, i think evne just upgrading your files would bea decent step up as the SE530 is no joke of a iem. 

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 8
I hear strong recommendations for ath l3000 and grado ps-1 but they are both over 2500. I was hoping for something like 1500 usd. Also is there a place to check out such equipment? It's insane to give this amount of money based on user suggestions.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 8
If you love bass, I do,  the Pro 900 is perfect.  But I can also recommends the ES10 which have even more pronounced bass and a more in your face sound a bit like  Grados. I was quite amazed the first time I heard the ES10 because the Pro900 is  already quite a performer.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 8
Pro 900 and es10 price seems pretty normal and very close to the se530 price. Is it considered a major upgrade though? I don't want to spend another 500 if I am not going to benefit much. What do you Gus reckon? Btw, is an amp absolutely neseaeyfor a sap to drive the sound, or can you do without?

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Basshead's dream?

It would be the XB500 of course.

...or is that a basshead's nightmare?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back