The Basshead Club
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #7,786 of 11,286
  Oh ok. Another question, does playing lossless format (flac) vs the usual release format (mp3/m4a) of let's say modern hiphop and Rnb songs, affect the quality of the bass?

As long as the bit rate is at least 128 kbps or higher, the bass should sound the same as lossless. The main advantages of higher resolution are in timbre of treble and instrumental separation.

does adding an amp like the jdslabs C5 add significant difference to the bass if I use the denon ah-c300? Wouldn't the bass be overpowering?

An amp does not add more bass unless of course you are using the bass boost function of the amp. It just improves the quality of the bass, making it tighter and better controlled, and sometimes more powerful. It also improves imaging and instrumental separation.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #7,788 of 11,286

As long as the bit rate is at least 128 kbps or higher, the bass should sound the same as lossless. The main advantages of higher resolution are in timbre of treble and instrumental separation.

An amp does not add more bass unless of course you are using the bass boost function of the amp. It just improves the quality of the bass, making it tighter and better controlled, and sometimes more powerful. It also improves imaging and instrumental separation.

I do intend on using the bass boost function. 

I'll buy first the C5 'cause I have a PL11 with me and see how it performs. If it lacks with bass boost, then I'll buy the ah-c300. 

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #7,789 of 11,286
  I do intend on using the bass boost function. 

I'll buy first the C5 'cause I have a PL11 with me and see how it performs. If it lacks with bass boost, then I'll buy the ah-c300. 

The C300 will probably have enough bass for you, even without a bass boost, unless you're a really crazy basshead. If you want an amp just for boosting bass, you can't beat the Digizoid ZO. And depending on your listening situation you might not need the amp at all.

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #7,790 of 11,286
  The C300 will probably have enough bass for you, even without a bass boost, unless you're a really crazy basshead. If you want an amp just for boosting bass, you can't beat the Digizoid ZO. And depending on your listening situation you might not need the amp at all.

I did consider the ZO2. But getting an amp, for me, is future proofing. I may need an amp in the near future. :) 

Comparing the (C5 paired with PL11) and C300, the former has more bass with the help of bass boost, right? 

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #7,791 of 11,286

Yup.
Whoever wants MORE bass from the C300 with bass boost is asking for new ears! hehehe That thing is bassy as heck! (and I like it a lot! :wink:)

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #7,794 of 11,286

I am a big fan of portable amps, but I consider using an amp with the AH-C300 completely unnecessary. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying completely unnecessary.  I do find that so long as there is no channel imbalance at low volumes or presence of any hiss, a portable amp helps with resolution and instrument separation.  I will admit that it is subtle and sometimes unnoticeable with cheaper IEMs.  I'm not sure if it would be helpful at all with the C300.

However, there is still a benefit to the bass boost function if desired.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #7,797 of 11,286
I would just like to introduce myself to the club.

I am a try hardcore bass head, and when I say I like bass, I mean bass, I like spl.

Coming from the world of car audio, using zapco and image dynamics, I didn't know that you could get that type of sound in portable audio. But I found out you can.

My current rig, is a 60gb ipod, fiio e12, and m-100, using a silver coated lod.

I am currently looking for a set of iem's that can produce that amount or more bass then the m-100.

But like I said I wanted to introduce myself to the club

Current music in rotation this week is alix perez 1984, yelawolf 0-60, struggle I am stuggle, lil wyte no filter, plus all the classics being mixed in. Thank god for bass.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #7,798 of 11,286

I am a try hardcore bass head, and when I say I like bass, I mean bass, I like spl.

Coming from the world of car audio, using zapco and image dynamics, I didn't know that you could get that type of sound in portable audio. But I found out you can.

I am currently looking for a set of iem's that can produce that amount or more bass then the m-100.

Current music in rotation this week is alix perez 1984, yelawolf 0-60, struggle I am stuggle, lil wyte no filter, plus all the classics being mixed in. Thank god for bass.

Welcome.

E12 bro-fist

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #7,799 of 11,286

Budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back