The Basshead Club
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #6,106 of 11,286
Hmmm...~$350. I guess you can say it's a real dual driver headphone, and not Skullcandy crushers. It'll probablly have somewhat high power requirements since you're driving four drivers. I just don't like the fact that the lower frequencies come out of little tubes at the bottom. It probably won't sound right once you eq the bass up and all that since everything would sound like it's coming from the bottom, especially if you can feel the SPL. I may be wrong, though, so I'm interested in what people's impressions of them will be. And who knows, these may be collectors items down the road. I'll probably pick up one regardless.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #6,107 of 11,286
Hmmm...~$350. I guess you can say it's a real dual driver headphone, and not Skullcandy crushers. It'll probablly have somewhat high power requirements since you're driving four drivers. I just don't like the fact that the lower frequencies come out of little tubes at the bottom. It probably won't sound right once you eq the bass up and all that since everything would sound like it's coming from the bottom, especially if you can feel the SPL. I may be wrong, though, so I'm interested in what people's impressions of them will be. And who knows, these may be collectors items down the road. I'll probably pick up one regardless.
Aren't low frequencies omnidirectional?

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #6,109 of 11,286

I actually read somewhere that they're gonna be 16 ohms. Which sounds like some kind of black magic.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #6,111 of 11,286
Does anyone on here listen to Decaf? It's basically underground rap music that is bass enhanced. They were originally made to test the limits of subwoofer systems, but they sound great with bassy headphones. Every song is guaranteed to make your eardrums tickle, given you have the right setup.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #6,112 of 11,286
Holy cow.........I just received my Denon D600 that, thanks to a deals thread find, I bought for $239. I cannot believe how incredible these phones sound! Out of an iPhone 5. No amp. No burn in.

I always use Pete Belasco "Deeper" as my go to bass song to test all my new phones with and to be honest these exceed even my Q40's and I don't have an amp hooked up yet.

For $239 these are a steal, and compared to D2K's with MarkL mods, they are their equal.

I can't wait to burn in, hook up my amps and really test my first impressions.

If you get a chance to test these out, do it. Without a question these are amazing, from the presentation in the package to the sweet cables to the looks and sound. Wow.

I. Am. Impressed.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #6,113 of 11,286
Quote:
Holy cow.........I just received my Denon D600 that, thanks to a deals thread find, I bought for $239. I cannot believe how incredible these phones sound! Out of an iPhone 5. No amp. No burn in.

I always use Pete Belasco "Deeper" as my go to bass song to test all my new phones with and to be honest these exceed even my Q40's and I don't have an amp hooked up yet.

For $239 these are a steal, and compared to D2K's with MarkL mods, they are their equal.

I can't wait to burn in, hook up my amps and really test my first impressions.

If you get a chance to test these out, do it. Without a question these are amazing, from the presentation in the package to the sweet cables to the looks and sound. Wow.

I. Am. Impressed.

Quite a bold claim. Please elaborate. Side by side comparison? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #6,114 of 11,286
I found them to be quite good as well, haven't heard them in a while though... :/

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #6,115 of 11,286
Those new JVC hps looks interesting. Tho I'm a man of one pair of headphones, not a collector :D Should stop looking before its too late. 

edit: okay maybe couple pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back