The Basshead Club
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #5,881 of 11,286
Quote:
Highly doubt that... I think you got obsessed
L3000.gif

Maybe the recording itself is crappy

Well it's pretty known if you get highly critical about things that the hifimans tends to have a bit distorted/bloated/slow going subbass. It's not overly loud but it's not overly clean compared to the rest of the range, slightly loose but that's more of a problem with open-back design really. I'd expect WS99 to do significantly better in that aspect, providing a much more tight, controlled and clean subbass output.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #5,882 of 11,286
Quote:
Hey,
I got myself the Westone Um2 (I know they're not listed in the thread :D )
I'm a bass player, which makes kind of a basshead haha
The UM2 are driven by a Cowon S9 now the sound is lacking the real deep bass rumble that punches my brain from side to side. I tried EQing and it didn't work as expected. I love the overall sound of the UM2, love the clarity and the mids are overwhelming. Listening to singer/songwriters is really a pure pleasure. But when I listen to house music (Justice, Daft Punk) or Motown/Funk/Soul they lack a bit of deeeeeeepbass
Now I thought adding a Digizoid ZO2 would fix that. Has anybody tried the combination before?

anyone?

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #5,883 of 11,286
Most Sub Bass? Anyone?
I think the Shure SRH-750Dj are bassy cans !
They are alot less recessed and sound way more natural . For a closed can, acceptable soudstage! Bright-ish. Add it to the list! :)

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #5,884 of 11,286
Hey Guys and Gals... I know I haven't been around as much, but there's a reason for that. You may recall, I was hearing ringing in my ears. Well it hasn't stopped. Long story short, Dr. says no more headphones for me... I had to send the Signature DJs and the Fostex Th-900s back. Dr. says I'm out of the Hobby.  It's not been a good couple of weeks, let me tell ya...

Anyway, I wanted to say good bye and not just disappear.  Full explanation is here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/659210/stick-a-fork-in-me-im-done-dr-says-no-more-headphones

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #5,885 of 11,286
Hey Guys and Gals... I know I haven't been around as much, but there's a reason for that. You may recall, I was hearing ringing in my ears. Well it hasn't stopped. Long story short, Dr. says no more headphones for me... I had to send the Signature DJs and the Fostex Th-900s back. Dr. says I'm out of the Hobby.  It's not been a good couple of weeks, let me tell ya...

Anyway, I wanted to say good bye and not just disappear.  Full explanation is here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/659210/stick-a-fork-in-me-im-done-dr-says-no-more-headphones
Dang man! Maybe they'll make cell transplants or whatever so you can listen to music again! :D But seriously, that really sucks. :frowning2:

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #5,889 of 11,286
Quote:
Anyone know about the new JVC HA-MR77X? 57mm drivers..... might be worth the $99!
http://www.fareastgizmos.com/media_devices/jvc-launches-five-new-xx-by-jvc-headphones.php

To be honest, they look sh!tty... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #5,891 of 11,286
Quote:
Most Sub Bass? Anyone?
I think the Shure SRH-750Dj are bassy cans !
They are alot less recessed and sound way more natural . For a closed can, acceptable soudstage! Bright-ish. Add it to the list!
smily_headphones1.gif

The SRH750DJ aren't very bassy in sheer quantity, but they have a fairly detailed bass presentation. It is also quite punchy at stock levels. Definitely a solid basshead can for me.

Quote:
Anyone know about the new JVC HA-MR77X? 57mm drivers..... might be worth the $99!
http://www.fareastgizmos.com/media_devices/jvc-launches-five-new-xx-by-jvc-headphones.php

That looks very interesting. The current XX cans are very bassy, but they are in no way decent cans for general listening - they are just good for pumping out loads and loads of bass. They are a fun can, and I hope JVC tweaks the new generation models to be a bit more balanced whilst retaining a moderately strong bass presence.

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #5,892 of 11,286
They'd have to be quite an improvement over M5X to be worth it, those were not good but then again JVC produces headphones like HA-S500 and there's always a chance they are using much better drivers in this new lineup, at least the size 57mm already tells it's a new driver.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #5,893 of 11,286
hey all.

I just wanted to know if the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X are basshead worthy? I found a really great deal on them here

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHW1000X&ref=froogle&omid=103&CAWELAID=1706178858&catargetid=1875425816&&cagpspn=pla

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #5,894 of 11,286
Hmmm, at stock they're not. The enclosure looks just like the AD2000 enclosure, but with woodies on them and leather pads. If that's the case, then the clamping force on them will suck, and the earpads aren't going to seal that well (the shape and size of the Wxxxx/ADxxxx pads are horrible for sealing), If you're into modifying headphones, you can take a look at my AD900 bass mod, since that's what you'll basically have to do to the W1000x in order to make them basshead worthy (minus what I did to the driver).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back