The Basshead Club
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #5,716 of 11,286
Hey Barrey, TH900s came in yet?
[rule]
M-100 would work well as a working "knock around" alternative with a similar sound.
He already has a pair. :wink:

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #5,717 of 11,286
Quote:
I know this can is already on the list, but thought it was worth to mention this new edition:

Reloop RHP-20 "Knight"

Had this headphone with a few others on my watch list for a while until I decided to go for the M-100. Love the new look!

Link: http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-20-knight

This is really pretty. I liked the design of the original, but this brings it to a different level.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #5,718 of 11,286
(Sorry guys, seriously off-topic)

@Malovent,

Who do you find when you go down to Stereo and Jaben. I always talk to Yen from Stereo and Kren Shaw from Jaben. I am spending quite a bit on a set of cans and was wondering if you got any chance of getting a discount if you like buy from them really often!

Thx, and sorry for not being to go down to Stereo with you. I'm going down on Monday to Stereo before Lunch Time but I kinda doubt you can make it, but thanks for your help anyway! 

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #5,719 of 11,286
Quote:
Hey barey, TH900s came in yet?

Indeed they did and I can answer the question on everyone's mind... Yes. They are a Basshead 'phone in every sense of the word.  
tongue_smile.gif

I haven't had much time to listen, but so far, I'm really enjoying them. The Bass goes very deep and is very musical. I have not yet A/B'd them with the Signature DJs, but I hope to do a little of that in the next couple of days. So far, very happy. 
smile.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #5,720 of 11,286
Indeed they did and I can answer the question on everyone's mind... Yes. They are a Basshead 'phone in every sense of the word.  :tongue_smile:

I haven't had much time to listen, but so far, I'm really enjoying them. The Bass goes very deep and is very musical. I have not yet A/B'd them with the Signature DJs, but I hope to do a little of that in the next couple of days. So far, very happy. :smile:

Holy kamoly! Finally. Comparisons, against the sig DJ. Bass quantity first, (midbass and subbass) :)

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #5,721 of 11,286
Quote:
There are, but they're just gimmicks from Razer and other gaming headsets...
wink.gif

Oh I got a 40 year old pair of Phillips cans taht wiegh about 3 pounds taht have a seperate a woofer a tweeter and a honker in em lol [one of each in ear ear! ] 

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #5,723 of 11,286
Quote:
Guys: 

Why we don't see any full size headphones with separate drivers for high/mid/lows? It will also need some type of crossover of course...

Is it due to cost?

Yeah, had to quote myself. Just found out that the new Skullcandy "Crusher" coming out April 1st, features a separate battery powered subwoofer. Interesting....

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #5,724 of 11,286
Quote:
Guys: 

Why we don't see any full size headphones with separate drivers for high/mid/lows? It will also need some type of crossover of course...

Is it due to cost?

Klipsch Image M40 has two drivers and they sound terrible.  Not to say that someone else can't get it right, but the technology exists to have one driver that covers the range as well as separate drivers.  Also, what to do about driver placement?  My Sig DJs cover the range as well as my 3-way towers in my home theater setup.  Although, it is an interesting concept.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #5,725 of 11,286
But being a major basshead, can't deny that this Crusher is rustling my jimmies. For the right price I might try them, specially since they will be available in local stores for easy returns.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #5,726 of 11,286
First things first, Hello  all :)

This is my first post on this forum and I think any forum ever,

I'm having trouble finding some new cans and amp's etc. so here are my questions:

1. What's better a fiio e17 or e11 + zo 2.3 in combination  and Zo 2.3 vs e17 in general (for bassheads)

2. I mainly listen to drum and bass/dubstep(not the new style bleepy kind but the deep old stuff from Coki, Matty G,...)/ uk garage/house,... so electronic music. And I'm looking for a nice,  new, not to sound leaking, bass heavy headphones. From previous posts  I've read alot (page 251-382) the beyerdynamic's 770 and v-moda seem to look allright the only problem is I got big ears (7.5cm) and like comfort.
Atm I'm using http://alatest.co.uk/reviews/headphone-reviews/teufel-aureol-massive/po3-138141651,74/ which I think have good bass, and pretty large cushions.

El Gingero Loco (forum newbie) 

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #5,727 of 11,286
Quote:
But being a major basshead, can't deny that this Crusher is rustling my jimmies. For the right price I might try them, specially since they will be available in local stores for easy returns.

The original Skullcrushers sound really pathetic and the bass has like a veeeeery narrow 100Hz midbass spike and very sharp subbass rolloff. Luckily though any new product Skullcandy now introduces is part of their "premium sound" concept (basicly they got an audio engineer these days and doing in-house development instead of just importing chinese OEM stuff ^^) so at least this new Skullcrushers should sound a lot better than the old ones because those were really bad.

The Skullcandy headphones that are part of "premium sound" campaign are Hesh 2.0, Aviators, Mix Masters Mike which all measures significantly better than the other Skullcandy products. Not like these new Skullcandy products are any really impressive either but it's a noticable step forward

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #5,730 of 11,286
Kids and friends are on Spring Break this whole week. Had to take my rig out to the Garage to get some peace and quiet around here! 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, here' s a little comparison I did today for the Sig DJ thread. Thought the Basshead Club might be interested in this:

how do the Signature DJ's compare to the Th-900s bareyb? Im seriously interested :D

Comparing them isn't as easy as I thought it might be. For one, the Fostex make every one of my other headphones sound muffled in comparison. They are much more similar in character to the HiFi Man HE500s than to the Signature DJ in my opinion. An HE500 on Steroids is a good characterization for these. Comparing them directly to the Signature DJs is not really a fair comparison considering they do cost twice as much... Having said that, if you don't directly compare, the Signature DJ's would be a fitting end game for many a Basshead. I love them and I plan to keep them as my portable rig. The Fostex are far too fragile feeling for me to haul them around with much confidence. 

I'm guessing you probably want to know mostly about how the BASS compares so I won't keep you in suspense. Looking at the frequency charts it would seem like the Th-900 should blow the DJ's away, but it's really not the case in terms of perceived quantity. On some tracks the Th-900s have more and on others the DJs have more. It's very close. Overall, the Th-900 has more, but not enough to spend the $1000.00 for.

The reason the Fostex cost two grand is because of whatever magical material they made the drivers out of. The Bass is extremely musical. I am hearing things from the Fostex that I've never heard before and I promise you, I have never used that phrase before. My Father was an Audiophile and I grew up around high end speakers and amps my whole life. He had Fischer and Marantz when those names meant something. The Th-900s are as close as I've come to that level of audiophilia since I began this hobby.

Anyway enough about the Th-900s.They cost two grand, so they better be awesome, and they are... And guess what? That doesn't mean a thing when we are talking about the Signature DJ's. They are still the best bang for the buck I've found  for a true Basshead, and if I'd never heard the Th-900s they'd be my end game.

If you can afford the Th-900s do it. They are just simply the best headphones I've ever heard in my life. No exaggeration. If not, get the Signature DJ's and know you've got one of the best Basshead 'phones in the World. The list of elite Audiophile Basshead Cans is very short and very expensive and the Th-900s are not well suited to rough use like the DJs are. Bottom line: If you can manage to get both and use the DJ's for portable and the Th-900s at home, that's the best of all worlds. They are both worthy contenders for the Basshead Hall of Fame. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back