The Basshead Club
Feb 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #4,771 of 11,286
Quote:
I just got my WS99 today. Oh man these cans are freak sauce bass cans. You guys have no idea how good these are. More read and some early impressions. http://www.head-fi.org/t/650449/the-new-ws99-at-fan-thread#post_9146355

I feel like I am experiencing deja vu with your impressions of the JVC IEMs a few weeks ago.....
confused_face.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #4,775 of 11,286
Out of the 2?. I like the presentation on these AT cans. The highs and mids are not a 2nd or third thought on these cans. In comparison to the UE6000 for example.. I enjoyed those cans but those don't have the lushness and depth of sound and speed of bass just to name a few differences. The highs are way better done on here too. They have sparkle and depth. I also own the CKS1000 earphones and both the WS99 and the CKS1000 earphones share dual air chambers and both cans drivers are mounted in a way the speed of your bass and sound in general is a first for me for a bass can.

Try listening to speed metal with your bass cans. These not only handle double kicks like a champ but they do it better than any other can I have ever heard in my life.. I am gonna guess a bit less mid bass from the M100. More fuller better balanced mids. Better extended high with no roll off I can detect and zero sibilance or weird spike in upper regions. The sub bass is to die for.. These rival my XB90ex  earphones in sub bass easily.

The WS99 has a lushier sound over the FXZ200. The bass quality on both are extreme. Love em both but right now I can't deny what I am hearing from these WS99..

Vented bass. Sub bass is strong with this one luke.             I felt it was my duty to report this on this thread. Just saying. These cost the same as the UE6000 but leaves them behind in many ways.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #4,776 of 11,286
Hey guys I'm trying to find some really bassy IEMs to use at the gym, maybe similar in sound to my xb500 headphones or a bit better maybe stronger bass? I'm wanting to spend about 100$ on them give or take a bit.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #4,777 of 11,286
Just got a pair of M100s, switching from HD598s. Can't say the bass is lacking in the M100s but I feel like the overall sound coming out of these headphones is just no where near as clear as my HD598s. I'm not sure how you'd explain it with the proper lingo but I'd say it just sounds muddy in comparison. Not to mention the comfort level is no where near as close -- the M100s are like a vice around my head and create painful suction cups around my ears. Maybe I'm just not used to the closed style but I do remember my D2000s being very comfortable and an absolute joy to listen to. The bass wasn't as strong as the M100s but the overall experience felt clearer and more fluid. I plan to return the M100s unless I get used to them in the next couple days. Can anyone point me in the right direction from here, any other good headphones to try out based on my experience? I'm not particularly interested in blocking outside noise I just want a comfortable pair of headphones that sounds as clear as the HD598s with more bass.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #4,781 of 11,286
Quote:
Just got a pair of M100s, switching from HD598s. Can't say the bass is lacking in the M100s but I feel like the overall sound coming out of these headphones is just no where near as clear as my HD598s. I'm not sure how you'd explain it with the proper lingo but I'd say it just sounds muddy in comparison. Not to mention the comfort level is no where near as close -- the M100s are like a vice around my head and create painful suction cups around my ears. Maybe I'm just not used to the closed style but I do remember my D2000s being very comfortable and an absolute joy to listen to. The bass wasn't as strong as the M100s but the overall experience felt clearer and more fluid. I plan to return the M100s unless I get used to them in the next couple days. Can anyone point me in the right direction from here, any other good headphones to try out based on my experience? I'm not particularly interested in blocking outside noise I just want a comfortable pair of headphones that sounds as clear as the HD598s with more bass.

What's your price range?

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #4,783 of 11,286
Quote:
Hmm, I can't decide whether I want to get the ZO2.3 and double amp with the E11 or get the C&C BH to replace my E11. Any help?

Double up with E-11 into ZO on high gain/red contour and don't look back.  :)

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #4,785 of 11,286
Quote:

Try out a ATH- AD900X. That is exactly what your looking for. My HD595s are lacking in bass as well the AD900X solves that issue with the clarity, stage and air that are the trademarks of open cans.  You can't replace an open can with a closed one and get a similar sound. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back