The Basshead Club
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #4,696 of 11,286
Only thing to suggest at this point is to try a different ZO. Are you able to return/exchange the current one ?

Yea, I bought it off sonic electronics, they're an authorized dealer, but before I return/exchange it(I haven't decided yet) I want to try to drain the battery and then recharge it so I'm going to leave it on until itdes

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #4,697 of 11,286
Quote:
I feel like the zo2 just boosts my volume not my bass...

This should not be the case. The ZO2 clearly boosts the bass, and this is easily heard when cycling through the contours from Green to Red and vice versa.

What DAP are you using it with? I use my ZO2.3 with Android based DAPs, and I set it on high gain mode, and connect it via headphone out. Volume control is performed with your DAP, and the ZO2.3 is used simply to boost the bass. Try setting the volume (via your DAP) at an acceptable level, and cycle through the contour levels on the ZO2.3. You should be able to hear the increase/decrease in bass quantity.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #4,698 of 11,286
Quote:
Yea, I bought it off sonic electronics, they're an authorized dealer, but before I return/exchange it(I haven't decided yet) I want to try to drain the battery and then recharge it so I'm going to leave it on until itdes

With the HA-M5X, the bass boost is quite noticeable, especially since the headphone itself is already very bassy. It's strange why you can't hear the increase/decrease in bass levels.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #4,699 of 11,286
With the HA-M5X, the bass boost is quite noticeable, especially since the headphone itself is already very bassy. It's strange why you can't hear the increase/decrease in bass levels.

I'm kind of a noob at all this but if by dap you mean source, I'm using an HTC phone with power amp, but when I use the zo2 I don't use any eq, I'm using headphone out, on high gain

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #4,700 of 11,286
Hey guys. I'm new here and didn't know where to ask this but here it goes. It turns out I am a basshead (a new term I learned from Head-fi) which resulted in my purchase of the JVC FX101s which have garnered unanimous praise for their bass.  However, I have found their bass inferior to my previous earbuds (Meelectronic SP51s) and even to my new Vsonic Gr02 BE(which I love!) Are my expectations too high for a $20 IEM or are they perhaps defective? If so, what would be the next bass monster upgrade? Sony XB90? Turbine? Hippo?  I mostly listen to rap and electronic music. I'm pretty sure they have a good seal. Thanks!

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #4,701 of 11,286
Quote:
Hey guys. I'm new here and didn't know where to ask this but here it goes. It turns out I am a basshead (a new term I learned from Head-fi) which resulted in my purchase of the JVC FX101s which have garnered unanimous praise for their bass.  However, I have found their bass inferior to my previous earbuds (Meelectronic SP51s) and even to my new Vsonic Gr02 BE(which I love!) Are my expectations too high for a $20 IEM or are they perhaps defective? If so, what would be the next bass monster upgrade? Sony XB90? Turbine? Hippo?  I mostly listen to rap and electronic music. I'm pretty sure they have a good seal. Thanks!

I would suggest checking into the Velodyne V-Pulse (under $100).

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #4,702 of 11,286
Hello, I am sort of a noob and thinking about purchasing a somewhat high grade headphone so I don't want to be splashing my money on the wrong thing. I was actually going to buy the beats pro because of its GOBS OF BASS, but I realised it wasn't comfy enough. From the 400 price point of the beats pro I decided to raise my budget to 500 and is lookin at the Denon d5000. I know it's discontinued but I have the ability to purchase it. I also heard that it requires an amp to push to its limits is that true? How much improvement from beats pro to the Denon and how much improvement for the Denon without amp to with amp. Plus if u guys have any other headphones (budget 500usd but I can stretch it) pls tell me thx alot

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #4,705 of 11,286
Quote:
Hello, I am sort of a noob and thinking about purchasing a somewhat high grade headphone so I don't want to be splashing my money on the wrong thing. I was actually going to buy the beats pro because of its GOBS OF BASS, but I realised it wasn't comfy enough. From the 400 price point of the beats pro I decided to raise my budget to 500 and is lookin at the Denon d5000. I know it's discontinued but I have the ability to purchase it. I also heard that it requires an amp to push to its limits is that true? How much improvement from beats pro to the Denon and how much improvement for the Denon without amp to with amp. Plus if u guys have any other headphones (budget 500usd but I can stretch it) pls tell me thx alot

I would highly recommend either the V-Moda M-100 or Yamaha Pro 500 as an alternative, especially if you want something fully closed and portable.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #4,706 of 11,286
I see the word 'portable' being thrown around a lot. If I don't plan to be using my headphones outside my home should I look into something that's not portable? If so what are my choices at around $300?

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #4,707 of 11,286
I just found out something awesome. I accidentally halfway plugged in my headphones into my receiver (so that only the left channel gets audio), and I got twice as much power going to the driver. It's like it took the power that would go to the right channel and combined it with the left one. Now, the SPL is so much it just doesn't tickle my eardrum, it feels like there's an earthquake going on in there. Plus, I can pump the volume up even louder because the extra power pushes up the clipping roof. I'll tell you what, AT's 53mm drivers are something else. This little experience has convinced me to get a better amp instead of buying another pair of headphones. I'm definitely saving up for a Schiit Lyr now. That should be enough...

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #4,708 of 11,286
Quote:
I'm so mad, sonic electronics won't refund me my zo2 because I lost the clear plastic box it came in! If it was Amazon they would return it..

I would contact digiZoid to see what they have to say, probably you're offered an RMA at the very least. The people at digiZoid are nice and reasonable so you're better off contacting them.

I just found out something awesome. I accidentally halfway plugged in my headphones into my receiver (so that only the left channel gets audio), and I got twice as much power going to the driver. It's like it took the power that would go to the right channel and combined it with the left one. Now, the SPL is so much it just doesn't tickle my eardrum, it feels like there's an earthquake going on in there. Plus, I can pump the volume up even louder because the extra power pushes up the clipping roof. I'll tell you what, AT's 53mm drivers are something else. This little experience has convinced me to get a better amp instead of buying another pair of headphones. I'm definitely saving up for a Schiit Lyr now. That should be enough...

Poor ears... 
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #4,709 of 11,286
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after I took the headphones off. My ear felt kinda funny. It kinda felt like someone punched my ear and it felt a bit numb. Plus, when I took the headphones off, the diaphragm membrane was moving so much that it sounded like it was about to blow. So really, the driver was using my ear as back pressure to keep it from blowing.  I'm gonna have to show some restraint if I get a powerful amp because I could easily loose my hearing with these headphones, but the drivers would probably blow before that happens, but I shouldn't take my chances. Spending extra money because of blown speakers is a pain, in regards to my wallet and my ears. Why can't I be like those people who always rave about listening to the music it's meant to be heard? It's like for me, music is meant to be heard with 2 15in subwoofers in a mini cooper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back