The Basshead Club
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #4,667 of 11,286
I just got my zo2, and that's it? My phone puts out more bass than the zo2 at red? I tried it with an ipod to
You must've gotten a defect... I'd send it back for a replacement. :frowning2:

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #4,669 of 11,286
Is it fully charged? quote name="Carlos4996" url="/t/573826/the-basshead-club/4665#post_9135965"]
Aree your sure? I can tell the bass us going up, but at red it feels like my iPod at normal without eq[/quote]

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #4,670 of 11,286
Quote:

I love Hard Trance, Psychedelic Trance, Hardstyle, Eurodance and Hardcore genres.

Anyways, I'm always looking for good download/purchase resources for EDM. Where do you get your flac files from? 
smile.gif

i currently get my FLAC files from a site called losslessinside.com, the files are limited in download speed from the source sites but they come zipped as well. The site has a good selection, and so far no viruses, being a student i dont have money to drop on FLAC files. Also i get a lot of 320's from torrents, and if you have Facebook a lot of artists give away free tunes if you like there pages, Butch clancy just released his new album through Fb, if you like trap then you should check it out.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #4,672 of 11,286

Well I got it it and then I let it charge until the light turned off[/quote]Hmm... send it in. :wink:

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #4,673 of 11,286
I also recall someone saying that their ZO2 sounded like the bass boost on their android device (something along those lines), so he/she returned it. Either that user and Carlos have defective units, or the Z02 isn't that powerful. Just talk to support and see what they have to say about it.  

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #4,675 of 11,286
My headphones went from average bass to the cups literally shaking with the ZO2.3 and I have 3 other friends who have confirmed this, so I'm thinking you must of had a defect...

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #4,677 of 11,286
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the Z02 then. Just out of curiousity, how does the E11 compard by itself with the Z02 bass wise? From all I have read, in this size range, the Z02 is where its at. Just curious how far behind the E11 is lagging in comparison

Does anyone know of any place on the net to cop the newest Z02.3 in the US? I have found a few places that have the Z02 but no mention of what revision it is. Thanks!

The ZO2.3 scales bass better than the E11, but the Fiio amp provided a better, all-round experience. I did a head-to-head between the 2 amps previously (PRO700MK2 thread) -

I've just had a listening session with the ZO2.3 and the E11, and the following are my thoughts.

I used my HTC Desire HD running Poweramp with no EQ settings applied. For cans, I used my Audio-Technica ES7 and PRO700MK2.

For the E11, I set it at high gain with EQ level 2. The sound was powerful, with little loss in the quality of the sound. The bass became fuller, with more punch and rumble. Sub-bass quantity was a touch better. The E11 helped to preserve the overall sound, without much loss in the highs and the mid-range, and boosted the low-end to provide a bassier sound.

For the ZO2.3, I used high gain and adjusted the bass contours (from 0-32). Using both the ES7 and the PRO700MK2, I realized that the bass quantity on the slighly-upper-mid (light orange 17-18) level was similar to the EQ 2 setting on the E11. On full bass countour setting (dark red), the bass became really powerful. Nevertheless, the sound via the ZO2.3 was muddier and less crisp than the E11. Highs were toned down, and the mid-range was recessed. The overall sound from the ZO2.3 was less satisfying, although the bass levels were much greater.

In conclusion, if you are using an E11, I would stick with it, but also EQ the low-end via your DAP to boost the bass level.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #4,678 of 11,286
Quote:
i currently get my FLAC files from a site called losslessinside.com, the files are limited in download speed from the source sites but they come zipped as well. The site has a good selection, and so far no viruses, being a student i dont have money to drop on FLAC files. Also i get a lot of 320's from torrents, and if you have Facebook a lot of artists give away free tunes if you like there pages, Butch clancy just released his new album through Fb, if you like trap then you should check it out.

Thanks for the link! I'm currently looking to replace all my EDM files from ages ago (128kbps MP3) with FLAC or higher quality MP3 versions. It's tough, but I'll get there someday. 
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #4,679 of 11,286
So I haven't invested in the XB500 yet. Seeing as I already have the D2k and Pro 900, is the XB500 a still must-have for me? Or are the ones I already have fully capable of doing what the XB500 does?

It'd be fun to have a pair of earth-shattering, blurry-vision inducing, head-imploding headphones and knowing that it just won't get bassier than this, but seeing as we as a crowd are great at exaggerations (really, it'd be fun to listen to listen to some of our fishing stories: "The perch I caught yesterday was as big as a shark") I'm still a bit hesitant. Also, they are ridiculously hard to audition in a store because of their packaging. All stores I've visited keep them in their packages and if I ask them if I can try them, they just look at me as if I'm an idiot, kind of like "Dude, it's a $50 headphone, buy it or gtfo".

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #4,680 of 11,286
Quote:
So I haven't invested in the XB500 yet. Seeing as I already have the D2k and Pro 900, is the XB500 a still must-have for me? Or are the ones I already have fully capable of doing what the XB500 does?

It'd be fun to have a pair of earth-shattering, blurry-vision inducing, head-imploding headphones and knowing that it just won't get bassier than this, but seeing as we as a crowd are great at exaggerations (really, it'd be fun to listen to listen to some of our fishing stories: "The perch I caught yesterday was as big as a shark") I'm still a bit hesitant. Also, they are ridiculously hard to audition in a store because of their packaging. All stores I've visited keep them in their packages and if I ask them if I can try them, they just look at me as if I'm an idiot, kind of like "Dude, it's a $50 headphone, buy it or gtfo".

I have the D2000 and the PRO 900 myself, and I must say, the XB500 outputs a greater quantity of bass at a lower quality level. You won't get a lot of fidelity with the XB500, but it does exactly what its marketed to be. For bassheads that place greater emphasis on bass as opposed to overall sound quality, I don't think you're going to find a better can than the XB500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back